The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advertising

FerrariDave

affiliate
I currently have two main advertising spots on my blog. One on the left sidebar and one underneath the main part on a single post page.

Rather than having AdSense/similar ads, I'd like to have a trial run changing the one on the single posts to banners purchased by people directly that will rotate.

Firstly, do you think this would be a good idea and are there any downsides to doing it this way?

I'll probably end up using WPAds (unless someone has a better suggestion?).

What do you think would be a reasonable price to charge for a banner ad on my blog which has had around 11,000 visits and around 20,000 pageviews in the last 30 days? (the ad will be a 468x60 banner)

Do you think it would be better to charge monthly or per a certain amount of views?

Thanks for your help,

David

it depends a lot on the quality of your traffic - if your blog is a general nature traffic quality is very low and you will have problems finding advertisers.
For narrow niche blog you have much better chance.
Also it's important if you show complete article on the home page or just part of it. If complete article is shown not many users will go to the single article page.

If you can find advertisers or even use affiliate banners you have much better chance to make money that with Adsense or similar networks.

build quality content targeted your niche. traffic and users will come.

and when more real traffic *not organic traffic - from SE* ... you can banner like 125x125.

MI
Back