The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Adtrap - A threat to internet marketing?

Not a huge impact but a look at the comments a lot of the free ad blockers are getting a free plug. Maybe an increase in content lockers, paid content or a no scripts/no content type set up. Someone will come up with an ad blocker buster soon enough. <---- Crysper........ Or goog will save us! no one gets in the way of googles profits. lol

No offense to any of the young bucks here but the guy is 31 talking about the old days of the internet. I remember waiting half-hour for a nudity pic on the 9600. I was 19 when the 14.4k modem came out. Crap I just dated myself. :rolleyes: maybe those weren't the good old days.:confused:

Heh,

Kids these days have it good, everything is pretty much instant. Even on 56K things moved SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOW!!! I never had the opportunity to work on a 14.4k modem or slower, that must have been HARSH.

I don't think this hardware will really last long enough for it to be effective... we will see though!

Adblock (a popular extension for firefox and chrome) does a great job and is free to use but only a small percentage of people use it so I doubt at $120 a pop this kind of thing with suddenly become mass adopted and 'change' the internet.

And even if hypothetically it did then there would still be tonnes of ways to promote stuff without having to resort to conventional advertisements. Content with in integrated promotions, email marketing, videos with in integrated promotions etc would all be almost impossible to completely block and even if something like this were to hypothetically rise up and block all of those 'adsense' ads then it would probably result in people getting less banner blind and MORE likely to click on and buy the stuff from the people who do it well.

Furthermore most of the people who use all of these adblockers and whatnot are pretty tech savvy so it really depends on your niche. If you have niche sites promoting to 'stay at home moms' or whatever then I doubt you'll lose much to adblockers.

banners
Back