The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AdSense referral Program ending

dhscott

affiliate
Just got an email from AdSense that they are closing their referral program at the end of August.

Not much of a loss to them I think. I personally didn't make any referrals.

Thoughts?

Me too, we'll its fine with because I am not using adsense referrals. Maybe just the firefox if its one of them.

Google thinks they don't need it

I think, google decided to close off because they don't have any need of it.

Probably every webmaster in the world knows about Adsense by now... Why would they pay someone for referral if in 99% of the time new webmaster still will end up with them?

Referral programs are necessary for new and smaller companies but not monsters like Google...

Basically it has been replaced by affiliate marketing. Now you can have something like CJ, since they have acquired double click. Here you have additional earning opportunity, more converting links more payouts.

I guess days are nearer when publishers will get their pie only if someone buy some stuffs. May someday we got a message that PPC is now PPS (Pay Per Sale) ;)

Wow I was making money with the referral program. I hate to see it go. I wil replace it with different companies so there will be no crying from me. Maybe Google will reintroduce it with a higher incentive program.

I never took advantage of the referral program myself. I did plan to though. Oh well, guess I'll take that off my agenda.

One of my sites does use the referral progamme so I'm a little gutted that's it's ending.

Oh well, sell up and move on, I guess :)

Oh well, sell up and move on, I guess :)

Well said! move on and find out ore money making opportunities, internet is full of options. No wonder which works better. I am eagerly waiting for affiliate program to go, I believe this program will outsmart CJ and others. If this works i will put all my eggs on Google itself ;)

MI
Back