The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Admins who read members private messages?

D

Dean

What do you think about forum Admins that read peoples PM's using an addon or in phpmyadmin? Somebody spied on me recently and got mad with what I said then messaged me about it.

I don't think it is right to invade peoples privacy like that, I certainly don't like it so I would never do it to others.

On all of my past forums, if I heard about an argument taking place via PM, I would always check the database to make sure I was being told the full truth. I would ONLY look at PMs from that conversation though, I wouldn't dream of invading anybody's privacy.
IMO thats still invading privacy.

I think messages should stay private, but also people need to bear in mind if they are at a webmaster/advert or promotion forum then its a forum full of admins so people should know that there are pm readers and some websites may use them and not disclose that they use a pm reader.

No, No, No...should never ever be done. Back years ago, we removed the former owner and at the time an admin for doing just that. He was in dispute with a fellow staff member and was caught reading email.

I never do it and will not do it. It is called PM for a reason.

Forum admins never should read members private messages because they may not like what they read.

I think instead of trying to find out if there are members who working against you to "steal" forum members the better way to find out is by creating an account as a regular member and if someone is promoting their forum via private message you'll get their message and ban them.

I actually believe you would be able to sue for something of that severity! It isn't right to check messages like that unless a formal complaint is given AND it is stated in the Terms and Cond's that, that is a possibility for them to do...

-DeathXGun

banners
Back