Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Tim,

Today it's reported by many that ad blockers are being used by more than 200MM people.

1. Do you use any technology to prevent the ad blockers from functioning (anti ad blockers)?
  2. I long thought that ad blockers are unlawful due to modifying my sites content delivery, do you see ad blockers as unlawful?
  3. Do you feel that paid traffic sources have a responsibility to implement measures to insure the traffic we buy is ad blocker free?
T J

th
Tim,

Today it's reported by many that ad blockers are being used by more than 200MM people.

1. Do you use any technology to prevent the ad blockers from functioning (anti ad blockers)?
  2. I long thought that ad blockers are unlawful due to modifying my sites content delivery, do you see ad blockers as unlawful?
  3. Do you feel that paid traffic sources have a responsibility to implement measures to insure the traffic we buy is ad blocker free?
T J

that's a great point to discuss!

many people see ads as something annoying and avoidable.

maybe pop ads should have lowered rates for advertisers due to this risk of non-delivery. But also i think it's possible to confirm an ad delivery by pixel tracking?

let's hope there wont be any blocks to streaming ads in the future

2. (I dont but you can if you are doing content arb for example, some of the native ad platforms have widgets that are anti ad blocking)
  3. I long thought that ad blockers are unlawful due to modifying my sites content delivery, do you see ad blockers as unlawful?
  4. Unlawful...yes personally I do but the government finds it to be a grey area as its happening client side and the user is choosing it. It is a grey area
  5. Do you feel that paid traffic sources have a responsibility to implement measures to insure the traffic we buy is ad blocker free?
  6. I definitely believe they do and for the most part they could put checks in place to make sure it is ad blocker free or mostly ad blocker free but most platforms do not seem to be doing this which is very frustrating. It definitely can be done though

banners
Back