The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

About US Page

freinhm

affiliate
Hello ALL,

Do you need an "About US" page for an affiliate website?

If so what do you put for a business address if you are working out of the home and you don't want to put down your home address? Do you just put your email address?

Happy Holidays! :)

Lester

Well I think it can be helpful and helps establish trust, but lots of affiliates don't use an about page. If you are doing PPC it can help with your quality score I think. I think About Us pages can just be about YOU they don't all have addresses even some corporate sites don't. Check my about page above. I don't list an address - not to hide it, but I just don't think it's necessary there. You could just list city, state and email if you want to have some contact info.

Hi, I would like to tell you that for providing their address webmasters use contact us page. You will be amazed to know that most of the webmasters publish a form with message box and contact information box of the visitor on their contact us page. If you as a visitor want to contact a certain company then you have to fill the form on their contact us page. Someone from the company will contact you after receiving the form.:)

Hi All,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

Thanks for all the replies and input .

My main reason for adding an "About Us" page is to establish
some kind of trust. I wouldn't know what to put about myself
since I am new to IM and my background is not related to what I'm promoting. I am still new at this.

So far I'll stick with an email address. I not sure a form to fill out is necessary?

What else could I put on the "About Us" page?

Lester T.

If you don't have anything to say about you talk about the site.
XYZ .com is committed to providing the best info possible about XYZ.
THat type of stuff. Can even talk about your privacy policy.
Look at other sites in your niche and get ideas from their about page.

Linda and Arun have already given some good advice however I just wanted to reiterate that I think an about us page is quite important factor in building trust - especially if you're going to be selling anything.

A contact form can be useful over adding your email address so that you don't receive too much spam in your invox, however I personally prefer email addresses as they seem more personal.

MI
Back