The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything About AdsBridge tracking platform

I've asked this question through AdsB support, but I thought it might help someone else too.

I mostly use AdsBridge to track PPV campaigns, so the visit volumes are fairly large. It also means that I often hit the same user with multiple campaigns. It's also true in other media buying channels - they all overlap to a degree, reaching the same user in many places, and not everything is always tracked 100% inside AdsB.

Now, in AdsB, I use the same tracking subdomain for all my campaigns, so my conversion pixel is also the same every time. It's convenient, but today I've found that it leads to a serious problem with tracking data.

Let's say that I run 3 CPA offers:
- Flowers
- Teddy Bears
- Rockets

I pushed some traffic to Flowers and Teddy Bears a week ago, but it didn't convert, so I stopped both these campaigns. However, the users still have the AdsB click/visit cookie on their browser, right? Well, you can probably see where this is going.

Today I've started pushing traffic to the Rockets offer and wooo, it's converting nicely. I'm seeing 30 conversions for Rockets already. But when I check all stats, I also see that Flowers and Teddy Bears also have conversions that happened today... Even though there's been zero traffic going to them for over a week. They simply react to the same conversion pixel as Rockets and they ignore the fact that the pixel is, in fact, firing from a completely different location.

How do I get around this problem without setting up a new tracking subdomain for every CPA campaign? Can I somehow "tell" the pixel that it's firing for the Rockets campaign only? Are there parameters or settings for that?

Thanks!

I've asked this question through AdsB support, but I thought it might help someone else too.

Thanks!

Hey @CostPerKill nice to e-meet you. Firstly, it's impossible that 3 conversions fire at the same time in three different campaigns. What do you use postback or pixels? Could you pls share with me your ID number, so our support can assist you ASAP.

Regards,
Alex

Oh, and to clarify: I'm not saying that they fire at the same time in 3 different campaigns. As I see it, they fire on the same offer page, and because all 3 campaigns use the same conversion pixel url, conversions register in any campaign that would "react" to that pixel AND that happens to have left some click/visit cookies on users' browsers.

banners
Back