The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A winning Email Follow up series and Funnel.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
awinningemailfollowupseriesandfunnel.png

A winning Email Follow up series and Funnel.

This guide is going to show you an exact funnel i have tried and tested and proved it worked. I set this exact funnel up with a few campaigns and trebled my conversions within the month. You will need to pick a niche for your list and set up a lead gen funnel.

Follow Up Emails

Follow up emails are emails you can schedule to send out to your opt ins after the sign up. You will need to install an email marketing tool like AWeber, and start building your list. After set up you will also need to configure your follow up emails. Thisguide will talk you through the process and funnel i personally use for most of my campaigns.

Funnel

Funnel is effectively the way you push a lead or user through your system. Often referred to as a sales funnel. It basically means what you do with your user once they have opted in. The better the funnel the more money you will make from your opt ins. This is often known as lead generation marketing.

The Series

So this is the exact series i have used multiple times, of course you need to play around and test everything from body content to email titles. However this exact funnel is proven to get conversions.

Day 1. - Give it to them!

Give them what they came for! Let's say your lead gen is marketed around the dating niche. If you offered them free dating or access to single women/men then give them it! You have to first establish a trust with your users. So giving them exactly what they came for off the bat is a must for me! This also encourages them to open further emails from you. Keep it short and sweet and give them a taste of whats to come.

Day 2. - Give them a need.

On day 2 you need to give them something to hold onto you for. So try to get across the fact that it will really benefit them if they open your emails. For example using the dating niche, maybe explain how you have access to amazing dating directories and have a proven track record. Tell them how in your next email you will show them that you get results and have something exciting to offer them.

Day 3. - Offer number 1 with proof.

This should be your first email including an offer or product. You have now given them something they want and also promised to deliver more of the same. You can do this is many ways but your need to provide them with proof your offer or product works! For example a case study, a testimonial, a proven result. If i was using the dating niche i would maybe show some quotes and images of people who have found love online. Then include your link to your dating offer or product and encourage the user to follow in the case studies footsteps.

Day 4. - [REMINDER] of day 3.

This email is important, you need to remind the user about the email you sent in day 3 and how people have already replied to thank you for the great results they had. Keep it casual and just act as if you are only emailing them as you have had some amazing feedback and don't want them to miss out. Tell them the offer won't last for ever. Include [REMINDER] in the title!

Day 7. - [LAST CHANCE].

Leave it for 3-4 days without an email then hit them with something in their face! A last chance email warning them that the offer is about to be pulled due to the success it's had and they have this one last chance to get it and be apart of it. Apologise but say it's out of your hands. This should force a lot of conversions on day 7. Again include [LAST CHANCE] in the title to get peoples attention.

Follow up with Broadcasts.

After this is they stay opted in you will need to segregate your list into those that have converted and those who haven't. This comes into list management but it's important to market to these differently. After the series has finished you can hit them with relevant content and also OTO's (one time offers). I would also advise to the more experienced people testing out other lead gen funnels in your same funnel. Effectively pushing your lead to another one of your sites especially if they convert. Like i say you need to test and play around. This is just one of many effective funnels for email marketing but this has personally trebled my conversions. Feel free to add your funnels.

Last edited:
It really does work, you have to sometimes be aggressive in marketing....especially emails!

I am looking for some good stuff about email marketing and guess what?! FOUND IT.
Thanks man!

BTW, after the 7 days period.

Just continue the preselling and send another offer?

I am looking for some good stuff about email marketing and guess what?! FOUND IT.
Thanks man!

BTW, after the 7 days period.

Just continue the preselling and send another offer?
After 7 days if they are still opted in I just tend to send out relevant content and then the odd offer/referral program - Just use broadcasts, and don't overdo it unless your going aggressive. Also if a new product or something comes out in the niche add it to the sequence and test if it preforms!

Good post thanks! But one question.

How do you do for the broadcast not to break the followup emails? This is not clear for me...

You can never really break them up if people are signing up all the time - just make sure they look different to the sequence and are super relevant.

How come you can't? Imagine this scenario: user A and user B

1. user A registers
2. user A all the followup emails
3. user A gets the broadcast
4. User B registers
5. user B gets the followups
6. user B does not get the broadcast

Isn't that correct? The broadcast is only sent to the current subscribers. If a subscriber registers after the broadcast, he won't get it... Or if you send the broadcast while user is still getting the followups, it would break the followups in way...

How come you can't? Imagine this scenario: user A and user B

1. user A registers
2. user A all the followup emails
3. user A gets the broadcast
4. User B registers
5. user B gets the followups
6. user B does not get the broadcast

Isn't that correct? The broadcast is only sent to the current subscribers. If a subscriber registers after the broadcast, he won't get it... Or if you send the broadcast while user is still getting the followups, it would break the followups in way...

That is correct and yes that's the difference between the two - follow ups and the sequence after sign up....broadcasts are one of usually relevant to the time emails.

Does anyone know if AWeber or other platforms have a feature to not send a broadcast to a user still going through a sequence?

Great email follow up K..

Gonna start up a few PPV campaigns again next week and will try this one out and come back with some test results for you guys..

Thanks for the great share.

Anyone in here that started testing this method? Would love to share results.

/F

Great email follow up K..

Gonna start up a few PPV campaigns again next week and will try this one out and come back with some test results for you guys..

Thanks for the great share.

Anyone in here that started testing this method? Would love to share results.

/F

Fancy starting a guide/follow along in here to let us see what you do?

That is correct and yes that's the difference between the two - follow ups and the sequence after sign up....broadcasts are one of usually relevant to the time emails.

Does anyone know if AWeber or other platforms have a feature to not send a broadcast to a user still going through a sequence?
I know there is Aweber Addon I just subscribed too that will take your Aweber list(s) and give them segmentation abilities and move subscribers either manually or automatically based on clicks into a new series of emails. It's called AWProTools and combined are really powerful.

MI
Back