The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7search Keyword Research - More Questions

Wolfshead

affiliate
I've just started on my first campaign, and there's a few things I'm not sure about.

I got my list of offers, and did the following:

1. Used 7search keyword tool to get list of related keywords for each offer
2. Removed keywords with less than xxx monthly searches
3. Removed keywords with a maximum bid of $0.08 or more
4. Removed offers with low number of keywords

I've noticed that many of the keywords are either:

1. Untargeted - e.g. offer "Home Depot Gift Card"; keyword "home depot".
Or
2. Target something else - e.g. offer "Home Depot Gift Card; keyword "home depot career".

I've done keyword research before for affiliate marketing, where I looked for targeted keywords only. With affiliate marketing, if traffic is untargeted you get less clicks, let alone conversions. Traffic targeted at something else would be even worse. I know you said to add all suggested keywords, but if all/most are unsuitable, wouldn't you be wasting your time?

Or is CPA marketing a different kettle of fish?

Cheers

Mark

Here are a few things I will suggest based on my experience with 7Search......

a) Do not rule out "general" kws in the beginning. For example, "home depot" for the home depot gift card offer. The thing with &Search is that it has very low volumes. So, the trick is to target even general kws at first and make the ad copy such that it tells the searcher exactly what the offer is about. If you go for very targetted kws like in Adwords, there will not be enough volume to generate clicks.

b) Track well. Many a times, you will need to block some sub i.d.'s because they are not converting at all but sending a lot of clicks. Hence you need to track the sub i.d.'s of 7Search too.

c) Never bid on "broad match"..... always change to "phrase match" bids.

d) Bids above .08 cents are not necessarily to be avoided. See how targeted they are and then maybe test a bit before dumping them. Try to bid at 8 or 9 cents and see how it goes. Sometimes, even with lower ad placement, you may get clicks and conversions.

Hope this helps......

Maybe your promoting something thats to broad on 7Search = the issue with them is volume - you need to stick to things that have mass volumes across mass channels and keywords to make it work!

Maybe your promoting something thats to broad on 7Search

I've not narrowed it down to a particular offer, I'm just going through the top 25 submit offers on PeerFly, as advised by Luke.

I wouldn't have said any of them were too broad, in fact they all seem pretty specific to me:

Home Depot Gift Card
Huggies Coupons
Nike Gift Card
etc.

you need to stick to things that have mass volumes across mass channels and keywords to make it work!

That's why I removed keywords with less than xxx monthly searches.

Going back to my original post, do you have any comments or advice regarding untargeted keywords, or keywords that
target something else?

Cheers

Mark

I've not narrowed it down to a particular offer, I'm just going through the top 25 submit offers on PeerFly, as advised by Luke.

I wouldn't have said any of them were too broad, in fact they all seem pretty specific to me:

Home Depot Gift Card
Huggies Coupons
Nike Gift Card
etc.

That's why I removed keywords with less than xxx monthly searches.

Going back to my original post, do you have any comments or advice regarding untargeted keywords, or keywords that
target something else?

Cheers

Mark
Personally i would stick to an offer that can be targeted by multiple keywords, for example i recently ran a profitable campaign with an Facebook email submit offer from Peerfly.

Because i knew i could get enough volume from keywords like Facebook, Facebook login, then i could use others like Twitter, Twitter login, Pinterest etc

OK, that makes sense.

Going by your example, it looks like it's OK to go with something untargeted. So, using the untargeted keyword "home depot" would be fine for the "Home Depot Gift Card" offer.

I'm still unsure about keywords that target something else, such as the keyword "home depot career" for the "Home Depot Gift Card" offer.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, I just want to make sure I get this right.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks, I've managed to get my head round it now.

I think my past experience with SEO keyword research was getting in the way.

Cheers

Mark

MI
Back