The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7 Reasons to Use WordPress as Your CMS

iqbal

affiliate
Posted by Pixelhead
Its open source, so there are tons of pluggins that can enable it to do just about anything you could want a site to do, such as have a video or photo portfolio, do a fundraiser such as my Guatemala Trip Fundraiser and show how much you have earned.
Its customizable. You don?t like the look of your site, its not difficult to change. Often times it can be done with one click, and a new theme.
Read More

Wordpress is great to work with, it depends on PHP language which is easy to learn and customize too, beside it has tons of free plug-ins. I agree with you to use Wordpress.

I now use nothing else - for blogs, niche sites, landing pages, squeeze pages, the works.

Why?

1) Easy of use - no programming required
2) Speed - I can put a new WP site up in under 30 minutes and have the first couple of primary posts on it.
3) Easy to do on-page seo (especially if you have an SEO plugin to guide you)
4) Quickly indexed by search engines. I've had new sites indexed in less than an hour and new posts etc in just a few minutes. Google just seems to love WordPress.
5) Wonderful themes available at a very low cost if I want to change the sites appearance of the site ie the Flexibility theme.
6) Excellent plugins available at low cost to do various functions - backlinking, RSS distrubution, affiliate cloaking etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, indeed. I'm now using version 3.3.1 on my new blog, although some plugins aren't compatible with the latest version yet.

Wordpress is awesome! It is so user friendly and has great plugins! I highly recommend it.

Indeed,I couldn't agree more. I use it all the time and the functionality is great. To date this is the best blog to use. I don't have to be a techy to use it.
There are lots of great plug-ins,but at times I wish that there wasn't so many.

Just to clarify, not all blogs were affected, just those with a lot of lightweight and duplicated content (which of course includes a lot of affiliate marketing blogs). My blogs are not exactly dynamo sites but they weren't affected at all.

So just for clarification, is it blogs that Panda hit hard or is sites that are made with Wordpress? I'm thinking not all Worpress sites are blogs and I'm at a point where I want to switch from HTML to Worpress for everything I do in the future.

I don't think it is either about blogs or about Wordpress sites per se. Panda was about poor quality content. The link to blogs is a secondary effect, a correlation reflecting the fact that the content of many blogs is either junk or regurgitated or spun content from other sites. That isn't a characteristic of JUST affiliate marketing sites but it certainly is/was true of many affiliate marketing sites.

I had two that were hit pretty hard , all with good content and all natural links. Setting no index and no follow on categories, tag pages and archives brought them out within a months time. I also had a couple e commerce sites hit by panda, again, good links and content, but had to get rel canonical put in the system, and had to block the search queries and option pages in robots txt to get them back.

It was a much harder fix for the e commerce, which is at the top of the list also.

But I also agree that spam was the main factor in blogs getting hit and I also agree with the "affiliate/blog" crossover. It does seem that most spammers use WP.

I have a number of wordpress blogs. One about information security suffered quite badly, aother about data security, hard drive shredding and computer disposals was unaffected. The poin tis that there's not a lot of difference in the topics here or the quality of the sites, so it all seemed random.

WordPress is my choice too. Maybe not the best(?) but is very user friendly. When anyone start blogging (or blogging on it already), install better WP Security(5star rated) to make sure your blog doesn't get hacked. I'm dealing with over 500 blogs and since I use this plugin, haven't had one blog hacked. :)

WordPress is my choice too. Maybe not the best(?) but is very user friendly. When anyone start blogging (or blogging on it already), install better WP Security(5star rated) to make sure your blog doesn't get hacked. I'm dealing with over 500 blogs and since I use this plugin, haven't had one blog hacked. :)

To add to this: Keep your blogs updated with the latest WordPress version, easily done via your Admin CP.

Hi .
I have two websites and I use WordPress CMS and I love WordPress .
I think there are more then 7 Reasons to use WordPress CMS .
WordPress is easy, fast to create blog , functional , SEO friendly , have a lot of plugins and themes ...

Wordpress is the way to go because of its simplicity. What makes it even better is the fact that its functionality and quality is of a high quality while still being easy to use.

Wordpress is the way to go because of its simplicity. What makes it even better is the fact that its functionality and quality is of a high quality while still being easy to use.
You forgot to mention the variety of plugins (for seo, comments, design, anti spam, social sharing etc.)
I agree, Wordpress is the best solution in blogging and sharing information.

MI
Back