The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

560+ Unique Visitors & 100+ Social Shares to A Week Old Blog

caseydennison

Affiliate
affiliate
Hey guys, I recently posted this thread over on the Traffic Planet forums, but figured the community here at AffiliateFix would benefit from it as well.

I just wanted to share a technique I recently used to get 560+ unique visitors and 100+ social shares from Twitter and Facebook within 3 days of launching my blog.

I Here are some stats:

Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.36.03 AM.png

As you can see, I got 198 visitors on October 14, 2013. Now I know this isn't anything to get crazy about, but the simple fact that this came from publishing "one" blog post is amazing!

Here are the social shares:

socalshares.png

How did I do this?

Simple...well, I didn't actually know that this would happen, but since it did I know that it works and I (as well as you) can replicate this technique over and over.

Basically, I put together a round-up post that featured 25 expert bloggers, and then once the post went live I emailed each blogger to let them know that the post had been published. Many of the bloggers who checked it out ended up tweeting it, and since all of the bloggers that contributed to my post have established social accounts I was able to get a ton of retweets, as well, which lead me me getting a surge of traffic and more social shares.

You can check out the actual post here: 25 Expert Bloggers Share The #1 Productivity-Hack They Attribute To Their Success

How can you replicate this?

It's really not that difficult to replicate the process. Just put together a round-up featuring some influential people or "thought leaders" within an industry and then reach out to them once the post has gone live. If the post is good, many of them will end up sharing it with their followers etc..

In order to put this post together, I personally reached out to each blogger featured in it. The email I sent them looked something like this:

email.png

Out of 30 emailed I sent, 25 actually responded - that's like an 80% response rate!

Awesome, huh?

With a great post idea, I'm 99.9% sure you can replicate this technique yourself. Now imagine doing this over and over?

Conclusion

Twitter and Facebook can actually be a great source of traffic as long as you put out some banging content that has the potential of being shared. Since most of the bloggers in my round-up have pretty huge followings already, I was able to get some traffic to my blog.

What are your thoughts on this? Can you share any of your experience with the community?

Last edited:
Clever and it works. Pat Flynn from smartpassiveincome suggested this approach(or some podcast guest) which shows that works pretty well. It's a great way to launch a product/blog.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm going to continue to replicate it ever so often. Maybe once a month and see where I can take my blog. I'm still getting a nice amount of traffic back to my blog everyday, and it's new.

SICK!
Awesome post right here.
I know a lot of bloggers do this and yeah, it brings surges of traffic.
Add a email subscribe button and boom! You have some awesome list in your mailbox.

Thanks man!

Pat Flynn from smartpassiveincome suggested this approach(or some podcast guest) which shows that works pretty well.

I know a lot of bloggers do this and yeah, it brings surges of traffic.

Yeah I must admit I've heard people mention similar style tactics before but I've never seen anyone lay it out in such a clear and concise way along with a real life example of it in action... these are the kinds of guides that I love.

Plus throwing in the actual email that you sent out just makes it all the more sweeter.

More guides like this people!

Yeah I must admit I've heard people mention similar style tactics before but I've never seen anyone lay it out in such a clear and concise way along with a real life example of it in action... these are the kinds of guides that I love.

Plus throwing in the actual email that you sent out just makes it all the more sweeter.

More guides like this people!

Thanks Jay!

Very Clever, now, your blog is a WP blog? is it hosted in wordpress? or is self hosted?, or is it a blogger blog?
Thanks

Great idea. I already have it in my plans for the next week. It will maybe took little longer until I get a response email.

MI
Back