The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

?50 in Google ad words free. 1 days until expiry. Stress...Help

TeDWooD

Ok so my first intention was to get my site up with minimal content and just expand while its up so at least i get a bit of ranking for keywords. The thing is i have had to learn basic html and dream weaver in the space of 4 weeks while doing the site layout and preparing the content while attending my full time course. Now i am about three/four days away from completion and i currently have one day to complete my site before my ad-words gift expires.
This is really stressing me out especially since i now am back in work for Easter and have to work 4 hour shifts non stop. So im drained when i get back pretty bad. I am also over due for my site to be live as my action plan said it was supposed to be finished last Tuesday.
Simply with all the stress that i am currently carrying is the ?50 extra from adwords worth the extra pain or push to get it done?
Thanks in advance, Ted

Ted I wouldn't stress too much. If you spend it now without knowing what you are doing and with your site not being ready, it will probably go to waste. What's worse, you'll probably be in such a rush and so stressed that you won't learn or retain the lessons from the experience, which could be more valuable than anything else.

So really the $50 in free advertising will no doubt be a waste of time and increase your stress.

My 2 cents anyway... :)

Thank you Linda very true advice. Can i ask just in case i have less to do than i think, will i be able to change the content from my host easily?
How long does it take for the host to put the files on the server and have your site live?
Thats another worry.

I'm not sure if I get this correctly. You have 50 bucks worth of adwords that is free. If you don't use it, it will be wasted. Your site isn't done.

If your site isn't done, and the adwords is going to be wasted then just use the adwords even if your site isn't done since it is going to expire. If you can save the adwords for a later time then just save it.

There are lots of dreamweaver templates that are free btw. You can just use them rather than trying to learn dreamweaver. I just know basic html and I just redo most of the free templates that I found. One of the early mistakes that I made and wasted my time was trying to learn flash, and all that crap just to make my website all nice and pretty. Then I realized, making my site pretty is really bad for making money. It is better to have a nice, easy to navigate sites rather than really glamorous and complicated ones. They are easy to update as well.

How long does it take for the host to put the files on the server and have your site live?

Well usually your host does not put the files on ther server. You do that yourself via FTP and it's instant. HOWEVER once your site goes live it can take a few hours for it to propagate out so that anyone in the world can access it. Plus you need to test your site and be sure everything works. Another reason not to rush with the Adwords.

If your site isn't done, and the adwords is going to be wasted then just use the adwords even if your site isn't done since it is going to expire.

Don't agree with the advice. If his site isn't done the Adwords will just be wasted time and effort. Better that he just focus on getting the site finished, tested and start marketing instead of wasting time on something that won't do any good anyway. You can't just put up an Adwords campaign that quick anyway. You need to learn how to do it 1st.

There are often opportunities to get $50 Adwords coupons.
So I wouldn't worry about it right now.

I decided to go with Lindas advice and just forget about it. I also learnt a very good technique to get me in the "working" state while i was listening to Tony Robbins. It actually came from a UFC fighter but anyway lol.
I mean a ?50 voucher isnt going to decide whether im successful or not, i will be regardless, just need to put that work in.

Good news, it got added as credits not money i had to spend now. So i actually got all the money and its now saved with my ad words account.

banners
Back