The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

5 Tips to Being Successful in 2009

MNSandy

Here are 5 things you should be doing if you want to be successful both now and in the future:

1) Set Clear Goals

Divide them in to short, medium and long term. It could be as simple as adding that killer sales page you have been meaning to do for the last month or it could be as much as earning $10k profit in the next 6 months. Whatever it is make sure you know how and when you will get there and then work towards your goals.

2) Do Not Listen to 'Bad News'

The media are banging on about the recession. Friends and family might be telling you to get a 'real job' or to stop wasting your spare time working. Don't listen to ANY of them. Your success is in your hands not theirs, if you want to achieve your goals you need to get tunnel vision and keep your positivity. Only you can achieve your goals and only you can fail if you listen to others.

3) Test, Test & Test Again

Particularly in the current climate its incredibly important that your pages and sites convert the best they possibly can. The only way to achieve this is to test different ideas and approaches. Darren posted a great thread about conversion testing here: Web Optimizer Questions/Help - Improve your site CONVERSION!

4) If at First You Don't Succeed.....Try and Try Again

Or....if you want to be a failure....quit at the first sign things arent working out. Do you really think that the successful affiliates came in here and made big money from day one? Nope. No one who is making big money from affiliate marketing did that.

Everyone starts somewhere and everyone has disappointments, failures and mistakes along the way. But the people who go on to succeed are the ones who do not give up and more importantly, who learn from those mistakes and disappointments and use them to become a better marketer.

5) Make Lists

Sounds abit vague but here is what I want you to write down:

3 Things you would like to own - could be a big house, a sports car, a helicopter or anything you would love to own. It doesn't matter whether you think you will ever get it just write it down.

Your 3 strongest traits - could be your knowledge of SEO, could be your organization, again whatever it is write down your 3 best traits.

Your 3 weakest area - perhaps your copywriting needs improving, write down your three biggest weaknesses.

Finally, write down 3 things you want to achieve in the next 6 months - could be a new TV or computer, could be an extra $2k, or it could be launching 2 new sites each with 50 pages of content.

Now you have these lists pin them up.

Whenever you need motivation look at the list of things you would like to own.

Whenever you need confidence look at the list of your strongest traits.

Whenever you need to bring yourself back down to earth after a bumper sales day look at your list of weaknesses.

Whenever you need focus and motivation look at the list of the things you want to achieve in the next 6 months.

:rolleyes: Good luck all!

Good list of things to do to be Successful at IM.
I really think all of them are important especially no.4 !!
Its a Marathon not a Sprint !! ;)

Thanks for providing informative tips. I also wants to start my own business at home. But i don't know the right way. Please help me.

Hi MNSandy :)
Thanks for sharing this nice post with our community
All the tips given above are very important and I like especially the
1) Set Clear Goals

Divide them in to short, medium and long term. It could be as simple as adding that killer sales page you have been meaning to do for the last month or it could be as much as earning $10k profit in the next 6 months. Whatever it is make sure you know how and when you will get there and then work towards your goals.

All the best with your work ;)

Thanks alot for this post. I really appreciate it as I have been needing to regain some of my focus again and really push for a successful 2009. My goal is to become a strong affiliate networker and have some $1,000 days. Thanks for this post again as it really give me some direction that was needed.

Thanks for these tips. I especially liked no 2 and 4. I switch off the news a lot of the time because it's so depressing and don't much like opening newspapers for the same reason! I prefer to focus on making positive changes. And it's important to keep going. It can be easy to get discouraged when you're not getting sales and not sure how long you should give it or even know for sure you're going in the right direction! But I'm sure it will happen eventually!!:)

don't give up ~ I think when you get to the stage when it's giving up then you know you got something good in your hands...

but I know alot of people square minded.

That believe that you shouldn't add water to a pool that has a hole in it...

i prefer going the first route :) :) :)

Here are 5 things you should be doing if you want to be successful both now and in the future:

The media are banging on about the recession. Friends and family might be telling you to get a 'real job' or to stop wasting your spare time working. Don't listen to ANY of them. Your success is in your hands not theirs, if you want to achieve your goals you need to get tunnel vision and keep your positivity. Only you can achieve your goals and only you can fail if you listen to others.

This is SOOOOOOO right on it's not funny. So many people are getting sucked into this life-draining vortex it's amazing.

Turn off the frickin' news people! Bad news sells, will always sell unfortunately, so the news media will ALWAYS continue to promote it...dusting in just a little good news so they don't sound negative.

About 2 years ago, I turned off the news (and did some other things) and my income TRIPLED per month.

It's amazing how much difference it makes.

I can't believe 2009 is just around the corner, man November flew by fast. It's better to be ready for new year's resolutions sooner than later though.

Thanks for those words of advice, I think making lists will help me take inventory of what I already have going for me and what I want to improve on.

Turn off the frickin' news people! Bad news sells, will always sell unfortunately, so the news media will ALWAYS continue to promote it...dusting in just a little good news so they don't sound negative.

About 2 years ago, I turned off the news (and did some other things) and my income TRIPLED per month.

Well, that speaks for itself! Glad you were able to fix that problem of the news draining your energy and ability to bring in income, I should try that too. Most stories are the same old replays of crises and catastrophe's and horror stories. It's not that we shouldn't be informed about what's going on, it's just that we shouldn't *dwell* on it for hours each day.

i agree ... but at the same time, bad news can serve to motivate you ... for me it was knowing that my job may not be secure / may not pay what i wanted that pushed me into this game ...

life is about how you react to the challenges you are presented ... if you have the attitude that you can succeed, you will :D

banners
Back