“Adavice”/  “1Win

5 Reasons Your Affiliate Application Wasn't Approved

D

djbaxter

5 Reasons Your Affiliate Application Wasn't Approved
Original article by Steve Root, Affiliate Magazine
Commentary by Sara Szado
January 18, 2016

Here are five common reasons why affiliates aren’t approved by program managers:

1. No URL Listed
This seems basic, but I decline applications almost daily because there’s no URL listed with the affiliate’s application. Be sure to always list your site’s URL within your network profile or program application. Missing this essential item of information will always result in your application to an affiliate program being declined.

2. URL Provided Isn’t Relevant to the Program
Taking point 1 to the next level, be sure your site is relevant to the program for which you’re applying. Even if you’re already a seasoned affiliate marketer with solid performance metrics in a network, be sure you add the appropriate URL for the program. Just because you’ve had success in one vertical doesn’t mean the program manager will assume you’ll have success in another.

3. Site Under Construction
No matter how great your site is going to be, or how much quality traffic it might send, a site under construction will never get approved. Best practice within the affiliate industry is to build a site, create useful content, and then – after you start seeing traffic – apply to the relevant programs.

4. Does the Affiliate Add Value to the Program?
This is a question affiliate program managers ask themselves when approving new affiliates. Even if an affiliate has a relevant site with good traffic, they still must show they can add value. Remember, applying to an affiliate program is like applying for a job. Show the program manager your site is relevant, why you believe it’s a good fit for the program, and how you plan to promote the advertiser’s products or services.

5. Being Unresponsive and Not Being Transparent
Many times while approving new affiliates, I’ll reach out with a question or ask for more information. If the affiliate doesn’t respond, or their response indicates a lack of transparency over how they’ll promote the program, it’s an automatic decline. Just as an employer seeks a qualified, engaged, and proactive employee, program managers are seeking qualified, engaged, and transparent affiliate partners. Affiliates certainly aren’t employees, but they’re vetted similarly to how potential employees are vetted.

Read more...

Great share. Lots of people need to see this article because I`m tired to see all sorts of applications from people that don`t even have a website.

Great points! Really all affiliate newbies should read these tips prior to register for a program or network. Talking about 'transparency' - it becomes clear that traffic sources are suspicious when affiliates write similar cliches about how they are going to promote offers.

We are baffled on how many incomplete applications we receive. I believe applicants should fill out their application as if they were filling out a job application. We screen heavily. Only the best applications get approved. :D

Yes, totally agree on that.

I seldom disapprove people cuz I know that we are here and will be helping each other.

but if the content, or the review of other advertiser towards the affiliate is extremely negative, probably I will refuse the application.

MI
Back