The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

3 Reasons Why Smaller Niches Equal Bigger Profits

Linda Buquet

affiliate
<strong>Think small - to earn big!</strong> I haven't focused on niche marketing for awhile so wanted to share a great post I read recently. Gyutae Park over at Winning The Web talks about 3 of the primary ways you can segment a large market niche and focus in on a smaller sub niche.

<strong><a href="http://www.winningtheweb.com/smaller-niches-bigger-profits.php">3 Reasons Why It Pays to Go Niche (Literally) - Smaller Niches, Bigger Profits</a></strong>

"If you haven?t noticed, the web is already saturated in most industries and practically every big topic is covered in depth by numerous players.?

Now don?t get me wrong. Opportunity abounds online and there are still a ton of ways you can make money and build a powerhouse business. What I?m saying is that it?s just going to take a more concerted effort focused in on a specific subtopic. In other words, the best online business building strategy right now is to go niche. For example, rather than compete with Zappos by selling every kind of shoe under the sun, focus on selling basketball sneakers to youth. You get the idea. It?s better to dominate a sub-niche than it is to play follow the leader in a competitive industry."

good post. Two of my clients I am focusing locally - and I ranked in the top ten right off the bat.

I've ranked high in smaller niches like "General Patton Dog" where I still would get a lot of visitors. Then I would expand from there.

Great read - thanks Linda!

Thanks for the post. I have gone back and forth on my opinion of swimming with the big fish, or swimming in multiple small ponds.

My final take on it is - look at a popular niche, but cut out sub-niches to start building traffic.

Good information.The make money online niche is too crowded and everyone is not interested in it.I made a few blogs (and ebooks that I sell) about coin collecting, grape growing, speed cleaning and Koi fish.It?s always good to have different income streams.

Your right

There is a Niche audience in every market you just got to find them and solve a problem they have. It has worked for me. Mike.

Yea these are all spot on! Find the smaller angle to your broad niche and everything is just gravy!
Let me use a very popular example-
"Dog training" is very broad but "training a great dane to fetch" is the smaller angle you want to target.
See the light??

Any questions give me a yell.

J.

banners
Back