The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

22 ways to generate traffic to your blog

Mike Morgan

I have observed that driving traffic to a blog is once of the few questions being asked in this forum .

So, in response to that here are 23 ways to generate traffic to your blog:

1. Article Marketing

2. Forum Marketing

3. Google, Yahoo, and AOL Group

4. Viral Marketing - Giveaways & Bonuses

5. Squidoo

6. Social Bookmaking sites

7. Social media sites

8. BUM Marketing

9. Viral Videos at Youtube.com

10. Press Releases

11. Post regularity

12. Submit your posts to social media sites

13. Submit to My Yahoo!

14. Submit to Google's Reader

15. Ping your post to ping sites such as ping-o-matic.

16. Submit your blog to web directories such as DMOZ

17. Submit your blog RSS feeds to as many RSS Directories as possible

18. Submit your blog to Search Engines

19. comment on other Blogs

20. Participate in Forums

21. submit to social bookmaking sites

22. Submit your blog to blog directories

These are few of the sources and techniques I use .

If you have additional once , you can add it .

Mike

You're right Mike, these are all good ways to get your word out. Just remember that for solid backlinks you need to write about and post related and relevant information about your site.

I use a few of the ways listed on here for my sites. I may have to open another blog as i currently have too and im finding out that blogspot/blogger is becoming a pain in the butt to use.

Thats a lot of ways to help generate traffic. I have only tried PPC and haven't had much luck so far. Many on your list i have never heard of eg. Bum Marketing - Hope it doesn't involve drinking whiskey:)

I've followed the folks at Bum Marketing and I find their material very good. What I like the most about the group is they try hard to tell you how you can do Affiliate Marketing spending almost nothing. I think it's a great way to learn the business if you can't afford it but want to learn how it's all done.

BUM Marketing is simply a technique of doing business on the Web. This is someone's way of making money on the Web by selling you on their idea. Their strategy is to use tools and techniques that don't cost or are low cost. You can Google BUM Marketing and read all you want to know about what they do and how they do it. I don't subscribe to them but I do read some of their material.

Bum marketing doesn't have the power that it once did but can still be effective in low quality link building. Of course the best links to build are natural ones that come from getting good press or having people link to you because you have great content or an interesting business. The ways of linking you gave above are a great base for people and I agree Hub Pages does bring a lot of traffic for the work involved in making a page and maintaining it.

BUM Marketing is simply a technique of doing business on the Web. This is someone's way of making money on the Web by selling you on their idea. Their strategy is to use tools and techniques that don't cost or are low cost. You can Google BUM Marketing and read all you want to know about what they do and how they do it. I don't subscribe to them but I do read some of their material.

thanks a lot kbhuffaker. i guess i should have just googled it, but it was the first time I heard about BUM marketing. :D

Most of these tips are better for increasing seo rankings then getting traffic directly, but I guess increasing your seo rankings can lead to more traffic if you target the right terms =)

Good post, but not all of those work in the same way and with the same effectiveness. In fact, most of them become a bit irrelevant when you compare the work you need and the results you get.

I agree that almost all the tips you've shared here are good and effective for increasing traffic to your blog. But also you need to update your blog with regular posting which is unique and informative. From there you can also link to your articles, squidoo lens, hubpages, your other blogs and of course your site. But don't over do it. Also posting comment to other blogs can make the blogger interested to visit your blog and post comment.

Recently have had some success with one comment above, I use google alerts to send me emails on certain subjects, then visit those and leave comments. You would be surprised the amount of traffic from people viewing comments and will click on your page links.

banners
Back