The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

20-year-old new to marketing, already making mistakes :D.

dollarsfordays

affiliate
Hey guys. I've just stumbled upon this forum today and the community seem very amicable and knowledgeable; I think I'm gonna enjoy it here :).

Regardless, a bit about me:

I'm 20 years old, From Minnesota, and I'm currently enrolled in the art institute studying media arts and animation.

I've had some pretty bleak financial periods in my life, and that's why I decided to try and generate an automated income. Affiliate marketing was the answer to my problems...or so I thought.

I started up a website called epic money methods in hopes to promote products from clickbank regarding the subject of making money-- even though I'm currently not making a whole lot myself. I saw how high in gravity the internet marketing products were on clickbank, and decided I'd have no problem selling them! I was wrong haha. It's an incredibly saturated niche and I just don't have the resources to compete with the big dogs. Luckily I've come to realize this early and I'm going to pursue a different niche that I'm more passionate about.

I'm not sure what products I could create or promote based around my hobbies...I'm a fairly talented artist and animator, although that doesn't seem to be a very good niche to go into promoting unless I were to write a comprehensive .pdf and find a network to host it.

Oh! I should also mention my way of generating traffic consists of video marketing. I really enjoy using camtasia and my mic to produce informational vids that enlighten and lead potential traffic to my squeeze page. I've had alright stats on youtube, but I'm definitely going to find out what makes videos go viral before embarking on my next niche-adventure. If you're interested in seeing some of my vids, my channel name is the same as my username here.

I digress...I'll be bouncing back here to keep anyone who's interested updated on my fledgling affiliate marketing affairs, and hopefully get some good feedback :).

Much love guys, Taylor P.

Welcome, Taylor. I'm glad you found us here at Five Star and very glad that you realized so quickly that having a passion in your niche really makes a difference in your eventual success

I've also made the 'mistake' of concentrating on "what are people buying?" instead of what I should have been thinking: "what do people want and need to know that I can help them discover? What can I offer for free that is valuable, will keep a visitor returning to my website again and again, and make them trust me."

I wish I could say I've done those things well. But I can say that I would be far more successful if I did.

Again, glad you joined us.

Welcome
I am 22 and new to this as well so maybe we could give each other a helping hand!!

Hi Taylor, welcome to 5 Star. Don't worry about the mistakes; the sooner you make them, the sooner you learn and can find success!

welcome taylor,we all make mistakes in the beginning.With careful study,you will be able to know what works and what does not.Patience is the key.

banners
Back