The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

1. Hostgator has a site build it function geared towards beginners.
2. Site build it they take care of the hard work
3. Blogger very easy to put together a blog especially for beginners.

Good luck!

Dreamweaver is very expensive for a newbie & quite hard to pick up i think time learning wordpress is better its free with your hosting package & the search engines love the format.

Wordpress sites can easily be made to look like regular sites & there are literally 1,000 of professional looking templates.

I would definately recommend Wordpress for this - there are some great themes and templates out there which could be used for this - and all those great plugins :D Just try it, and you'll probably wonder why you even considered other options :) Just love Wordpress!

I agree

I think Site Build It another good option. I experienced great support from them. I also have traffic result which is building up faster than I expected. They have an action guide for you to do everything right.

Hope this helps...

When you go to the site download yourself the free copy of The Affiliate Masters Degree Very excellent!

For all those people in the thread who have said they love wordpress or recommended it, I managed to come across a program that lets you design your own wordpress templates, as well as joomla, droopl, blogger html and other similar CMS products.

The program is called Aristeer (artisteer.com). I would recommend the standard edition which costs $129.95USD. You can also try out the demo version which will let you use all the functionality of the full version, however when you save it will have watermarks all over it. Might be good just to test it out though..

Definitely recommended... I purchased this baby a few months back to help with a few friends who wanted websites (and being the good friend I dont charge them) and it made making them much quicker (and easier for them to edit themselves) than to make a template from scratch.

Good luck and if you need any help let me know!

Cheers
Renee

I have to agree with Renee. I bought Artisteer several months ago and it is wonderful. I've created both Wordpress and HTML templates with it.

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob

Hi Robficiur,

A lot of Affiliate Programs offer free templates. All that needed from you is SEO/PPC knowledge and then you can run traffic and get commissions. Of course the ads method depends of the marketing niche.

All the Best,
Kate

Artisteer is perfect. I've just watched the demo. But I'm looking for some web based tool that helps to create custom templates for wordpress and it should be absolutely free. Does anyone know any?

Re: setting up a quick website...

Hi "Robficiur"

Let me chime in here. If you want an easy website consider using Wordpress through the Fantastico setup feature that many hosting companies like HostGator provide.

You can be up and running inside of an hour.

There are many reasons to use a blog for your site. (Probably addressed elsewhere in this forum).

But for a fast website Wordpress can't be beat.

Good luck!

(Did you say that you were an affiliate?? (smile))

George Owens

hey there,
I'm a newbie too. I built a website a few years back but have forgotten everything,starting from scratch. I'm doing my first site on a blog. When your building anything like that it can be scary. Whats worked for me with the blog is just get in there start playing with everything,you'll get the hang of it.
good luck to ya
cass

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob
I joined the amazon affiliate program and select a computer as I wanted to marketed products. I created a blog to it.

I would recommend Wordpress or Blogger as well. Also some Web 2.0 pages such as Hubpages or Squidoo allows you to put a lot of content on their pages.

If you are just starting I would highly recommend looking up some info on Site Built it or SBI. They help you with things like, keyword research, HTML tags, on page and off page optimization, and provide you with an autoresponder. I think it's perfect if you are a beginner-intermediate affiliate marketer.

Hi I'm a total newbie here and a huge newbie in the world of Affiliate Marketing. I got a how to program (Google Sniper) what do you guys think of it by the way? N-Way, I've learned tons from it, or I think I have specially since I didn't know ANYTHING, I didn't know what Affiliate Marketing was (know I do), didn't know how to make websites or blogs... Still don't quite know.

I realize that the name of the game is ranking high on the search engines, appearing on the first page... I've been going back and forth about what works best for someone starting, is it wordpress (Renee I'll look into Aristeer), blogger or making them on dreamweaver? I've done 4 sites and they are all different, I did one on blogger and it was nice and easy to make, but it wasn't ranked, did one on wordpress and it ranked rather quick put I can't post affiliate links and the other 2 got a host and domain, made them on wordpress, they are ranking... but I feel it takes for ever. I feel like the super affiliates have someone make them on dreamweaver....

Thanks in advance,

-Jerry

GoDaddy is a great registrar, although they will try to sell you extra services you don't need en route to checkout.

GoDaddy's hosting, on the other hand, has a long history of problems.

if you are a novice please please please do NOT ask a designer to create your dream. i won't even begin to say how many thousands i wasted with designers. you're starting out. look for a wordpress template that will suit your business. then find a designer to put that one, and not another one. it's also a good job to learn a little coding yourself so you can make immediate and simple changes yourself. if i knew 4 years ago what i know now... sigh.

MI
Back