The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

0 for 3 With DP Outsourcing

Rob_TID

affiliate
Thought I would outsource some things to people on DigitalPoint. Chose all people with good itrader ratings.

None out of the three have come through with ANYTHING. I mean I have spent hundreds of dollars all up and I have ZERO work to show for it. And all of them have conveniently stopped responding to PMs.

Very irritating.

Plus my itrader rating there is non-existant so if I give them neg rep, and they do the same in return, I will have almost totally neg iTrader rep.

Gotta love it.

It is always a gamble outsourcing to people over the internet. I was building an ecommerce store for a large brick and mortar store and they had their rental system outsourced to a respected India company, and it was 8 months late, and very hard to get into contact with the programmers.

I agree myself. I have 160 iTrader in there, but honestly, you better look at higher number to have a decent deal. And even, I'll pay step by step...

I am wondering what I can do.

A bit of a search on one of these ripoff artists means I have found his full name, home address, phone number and even his wife's name.

I don't really want to call the guy, but well...

What would you do?

Would really value some well thought out advice here.

Why wouldn't you want to call? That's the way most people do business - over the phone. I know we get used to doing it all online and you connected with them online, but if they owe you work and you've paid them, I don't think a call is out of line at all.

Just really sad you have to go through this Rob. Would be so nice if you could trust people.

I don't know anything about the itrader system over there. I've bought sites and services through people there I think but don't remember seeing anything about that. but regardless of points, can you post in the thread where the person was advertising and their services and tell people you didn't get what you paid for or something? Partly to warn others and partly to pressure them into finishing the job?

I suppose the reason I shy away from that Linda, is that this particular relationship was initiated and conducted exclusively on DP with no mention ever of phones - hell I didn't even know the guy's real name. I relied on iTrader to make the judgement (big mistake I guess).

From that starting point, I guess calling him seems a bit confrontational to me (and you know what a shrinking violet I am ;) ).

Really ? That bad ? I personally haven't had that bad an experience on DP. But as of late the quality has really begun to drop with hordes of amateurs streamng in. I guess the people you chose were too busy in other more "profitable" ventures..

"you know what a shrinking violet I am"

You Rob??? :p

Seriously, I typically tend to not be assertive enough about most things, but if I paid someone for a service and they didn't deliver, I'd sure be calling.

banners
Back