The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

YouTube Marketing

Stephen Denning

affiliate
Why include YouTube as part of your SEO strategy? For a start, after Google it is the second largest search engine on the web. You're paying attention now, aren't you. If you are not using YouTube as part of your SEO strategy you are failing to appear in front of an awful lot of potential customers.

Just because you don't use video to get your information, a billion people a month do. In fact YouTube reaches more people aged 18-34 in the US than any cable network. These figures alone should have your scrambling to get content onto YouTube. the problem is, you can't just throw anything up and expect the money to start rolling in.

A few years ago having the right words in your video title was enough, now you have to be a lot more intelligent about the way you place and promote your videos.

Just as with blogs, the information you want to get across will be accessed by more people if you place it on a channel that has a lot of similar information rather than leaving it to collect virtual dust in a brand new channel. Yes, create your own channel, but post your videos elsewhere and use these as a way of linking back to your channel.

Make the name of the video keyword-rich, and don't fall into the trap of using a default name like movie101.avi. If the video is about YouTube SEO techniques, for example, then name the file YOUTUBE-SEO.avi. Makes sense, yes?

Include the voice-over commentary script in the video description. Why? Because the search indexes will create indexes based on the script. Make sure the script includes prominent keywords as well. Additionally, make your video HD rather than SD. High-definition videos outrank standard definition every time.

Closed Caption, as you know, allows your video to be understood by people who are not speaking English. A useful feature in a world where a product made in Delhi could be as easily sold to someone in Buenos Aires as it is in Bangalore. The closed Caption file you upload, though, is also indexed by search engines. If you include search terms in this file, they will be indexed. Also include keywords in your heading and when linking to your site in the description, use 'http://' as part of the link address.

This may sound stupid, but if you're making a film, make it interesting, and then make sure your content is engaging as well. Research has shown that videos that just present the information matter-of-fact are less likely to be viewed (and viewed again) by films that engage the audience in the subject. Think of the difference between late-night highbrow arts programs and peak-viewing pop-culture shows.

It is better to create a series of Infomovies rather than a one-off presentation. Make each film a vignette that ends by mentioning the next film in the sequence. In this way you can create an expectation and maybe even a buzz for your work. Posting regularly is much better than posting just once, whether you are posting text or film.

Also, respond quickly to the first few comments that are made about your movie. Google will rank your video based on the timely response to these comments as it sees these people as your core audience.

You know I have been literally looking out for information to read on using Youtube as a money making strategy and there are lot of things that you have explained in your post that has broaden my horizon about using Youtube as money making strategy. However, I still need to learn more about it and if you have steps to develop a video and do I have do it on a particular niche...like education, cooking, talk etc.

You know I have been literally looking out for information to read on using Youtube as a money making strategy and there are lot of things that you have explained in your post that has broaden my horizon about using Youtube as money making strategy. However, I still need to learn more about it and if you have steps to develop a video and do I have do it on a particular niche...like education, cooking, talk etc.

Hi Suit, I am working on a "quick & dirty" guide to YouTube Video development, so if you can be patient with me I will get it out as soon as I can.

Alot of great information about marketing properly on you tube Thanks. I've been wanting to get into marketing on YouTube but it can be hard to know how to really do it effectively.

banners
Back