The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Your position in bidding queue

Hey, I'm just checking out the traffic sources. I sumbled upon this on popads.net when setting up a test campaign "Your position in bidding queue is 25" together with "We estimate you'll receive 73820 impression(s) per day".

Does it mean that i'll have to wait until the people ahead of me on the queue run out of budget to make my popads finally appear or I'll just recieve a partial traffic from that ~73820.

I assume that the other ad networks works in a similar way but so far 've seen such information only on popads(newbie here).

Could someone provide more background/details on this mechanism? Maybe a bidding queues functions vary on different networks?

Hi!

Does it mean that i'll have to wait until the people ahead of me on the queue run out of budget to make my popads finally appear​
Yes, that's what's meant. Asap they will run out of budget, your ads will appear. There's bidding mechanism. The more you pay, the more and faster your ads run.

Some other networks has intellectual bidding (like 50onRed). Read out here: platformsupport.50onred.com/customer/portal/articles/1457985-how-can-i-estimate-bid-competition-

But if the guys on top continue to fund the running campaigns I'll have to wait even weeks before I come to the 1st position or I'm missing something?

Hey Zygmunt,
what this means is that there are 24 guys above you who are bidding more than you do. You don't have to wait until their whole budget runs out because they will have frequency caps in place. So each guy will show his ad for example 3 times before your ad is shown to the same user.

I would highly recommend to increase your bid. You can read more about session-depth and traffic cost/quality here:
Cheap Quality v/s Good Quality Traffic | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Best,

MI
Back