The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Your All-in-one Wiki Resource

Resonate

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
Wiki is type of website that allows users to add, remove, or otherwise edit and change all content very quickly and easily, sometimes without the need for registration.

WikkiTikkiTavi - WikkiTikkiTavi is a wiki engine is a PHP script that runs wiki sites. Wikis are a revolutionary new form of collaboration and online community. Although there exist many WikiEngines and wikis around the world, this wiki is dedicated to the WikkiTikkiTavi and those of you who might want to use it for your wiki

WikkaWiki - WikkaWiki is a flexible, standards-compliant and lightweight wiki engine written in PHP, which uses MySQL to store pages. Forked from WakkaWiki. Designed for speed, extensibility, and security.

Wikepage - Wikepage is a wiki-standard, easy to use and small wiki software derived from Tipiwiki2 (FrontPage). Wikepage has some security features that Tipiwiki does not have, like password protected structure, and 4 patched important security flaw, table support, upload support, multilingual and multi-site support...etc.

WackoWiki - WackoWiki is Small, lightweight, handy, expandable Wiki-clone written in PHP4.

UniWakka - UniWakka is a Wiki Engine derived from WakkaWiki, a light-weight, easy to install and to configure collaborative editing software for web content. Derived from Wakka-0.1.3-dev, UniWakka is mostly intended for an university or scientific environment.

QwikiWiki - QwikiWiki was developed using a simple design goal. This goal is distinguished by these key principles:
— Self Sufficiency: QwikiWiki requires only a web server and the PHP scripting language.
— Zero-Edit Deployment: QwikiWiki is immediately usable "out of the box".
— No External Database: QwikiWiki processes with only cookies and its file system. There are no (SQL) database requirements.

PmWiki - PmWiki is a wiki-based system for collaborative creation and maintenance of websites. PmWiki pages look and act like normal web pages, except they have an "Edit" link that makes it easy to modify existing pages and add new pages into the website, using basic editing rules. You do not need to know or use any HTML or CSS. Page editing can be left open to the public or restricted to small groups of authors. Other key features are the "Recent Changes" and the "History" links that inform you about what pages have been changed, and the changes made to the current page, respectively.

WikiWikiWeb - A WikiWikiWeb is a web site where anyone can edit the pages through an HTML form. Linking is done automatically on the server side; all pages are stored in a database. This may sound rather simplistic, but a Wiki is a very unique way to collaborate on the Web. I set up a few while working at the New York Times on the Web, and the technical staff really took to them in a big way. They wrote 500 pages in just a few months (all to document the internal systems).

MediaWiki - MediaWiki is the collaborative editing software that runs Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and other projects. It's designed to handle a large number of users and pages without imposing too rigid a structure or work flow.

ErfurtWiki - ErfurtWiki is a fast, user-friendly, and highly configurable hypertext management system. It can store its pages and binary content with MySQL, PEARDB/dbx/ADOdb, dba/dbm, PHP-RPC, or flat file databases. It stands out from similar Wiki implementations in that it allows very easy integration into existing Web sites, features case-insensitive WikiLinks, extensive CSS support, multiple admin tools, is not GPLed, and includes documentation. There are over 200 extension plugins, but everything could still be compacted into one core "library" for easier installation and handling. It is useful for larger sites as well as lightweight backend for private homepages, due to its simple image uploading feature.

DokuWiki - DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies. It has a simple but powerful syntax which makes sure the datafiles remain readable outside the Wiki and eases the creation of structured texts. All data is stored in plain text files; no database is required.

Deki Wiki -MindTouch Deki Wiki is a free open source wiki and application platform for communities and enterprises. Deki Wiki is an easy to use and sophisticated wiki for authoring, aggregating, organizing, and sharing content. Deki Wiki is also a platform for creating collaborative applications, or adding wiki capabilities to existing applications. Deki Wiki not just an award winning and easy to use web application for sharing, it's also a platform. Deki Wiki is similar to CMS web frameworks like Drupal, Mambo, Joomla and DotNetNuke, but a wiki in nature; therefore making it community-centric and significantly easier for end-users to participate. Also, it has a complete application programming interface (API) for programmers and extending Deki Wiki can be done in any programming language.

@wiki offers users free WIKI hosting to build his/hew own community website instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty comprehensive list, never knew there were so many wikis, I only know the on that powered wikipedia (until you posted this :)

Thats what anticipated, it's took hell of time but bottom line is, one feel so good sharing this!

Most definitely :D, to think i will most probably come across a digg in a couple of months belonging to a new webmasters blog lol :scared:

Most definitely :D, to think i will most probably come across a digg in a couple of months belonging to a new webmasters blog lol :scared:

This is one thing which is killing the spirit of Internet Space, stealing other people's hard work and making them there own.

Do SE's really identify the difference between the original and duplicate. they can easily find the no. of copies but do they specifically establish the authority to one who posted the content first?

I am sorry for my ignorance but if they do, you have no worries :D

Do SE's really identify the difference between the original and duplicate. they can easily find the no. of copies but do they specifically establish the authority to one who posted the content first?

I am sorry for my ignorance but if they do, you have no worries :D

There is no standard conversion on it, as far as I know.. some time ago, the first version SE (Google in particular) crawls is regarded as the original and other version it comes across are regarded as duplicate and treated as such... I think months ago, I read at some blogs that this days both the duplicate and the original are crawled, the one on the stronger site will be listed first before the version on a weaker site.

I don't know if this is true thought, I have not conducted any experiment to test it.

There is no standard conversion on it, as far as I know.. some time ago, the first version SE (Google in particular) crawls is regarded as the original and other version it comes across are regarded as duplicate and treated as such... I think months ago, I read at some blogs that this days both the duplicate and the original are crawled, the one on the stronger site will be listed first before the version on a weaker site.

I don't know if this is true thought, I have not conducted any experiment to test it.

I disagree, i have done a test on this in all SE's. I got an article ranked fairly & i completely copied it no credit links (i put these in an about page on what i was doing) any way spent some time promoting this article got to number the original got completely wiped from Google's index.

Doing just that is a black hat technique that I have used in my dim and distant past to piss off someone who was causing me problems. I simply grabbed his profitable site, placed it on another domain. with the same structure where I had built up a far higher page rank than he had across his site. Then fed it to the spiders and cloaked the duplicated content and had no cache. he simply disappeared from google overnight after the my copy site was indexed. I then made contact with him and got him to curb his antics and bad mouthing of me and my business. it was costing him a fair bit of money to be out of google.

He never did work out how I did what I did to him, just that when I said I would take him down and he bragged that 'no-one can hurt anothers rankings' (according to google webmaster guidelines). I pointed out that they state " there is ALMOST NOTHING, a competitor can do to harm your site". Almost nothing to me said there WAS SOMETHING. he found out the hard way, and it was my one and only venture into black hat methods on an open basis. Of course I used black hat methods on my own sites to test them out and see how they worked etc. You have to do this so you can learn how to combat them properly.

OWG your wisdom amazes me :D

I like your little torture technique tho, but once again it shows google can not tell the copy from the original.

And on OWG great point there i think were way..way...way...waayyy :eek:fftopic: so back on to it.:D

Found another one guys & i like this one, its a web2.0 wiki not tried it out as of yet but maybe will give it a test run

Deki Wiki -MindTouch Deki Wiki is a free open source wiki and application platform for communities and enterprises. Deki Wiki is an easy to use and sophisticated wiki for authoring, aggregating, organizing, and sharing content. Deki Wiki is also a platform for creating collaborative applications, or adding wiki capabilities to existing applications. Deki Wiki not just an award winning and easy to use web application for sharing, it's also a platform. Deki Wiki is similar to CMS web frameworks like Drupal, Mambo, Joomla and DotNetNuke, but a wiki in nature; therefore making it community-centric and significantly easier for end-users to participate. Also, it has a complete application programming interface (API) for programmers and extending Deki Wiki can be done in any programming language.

Not an actual wiki script but free wiki hosting that i have just found called @wiki.

@wiki offers users free WIKI hosting to build his/hew own community website instantly.

Has selectable edit-mode,
  • HTML-mode ( WYSIWYG like-Word or HTML-source editor)
  • WIKI-mode( edit with @wiki-rule . like-Wikipedia)
  • BBCode-mode
  • Source-code-mode( hightlight your source code)
  • TEXT-mode( simple text like BBS)
@wiki free hosting offers unlimited-space, unlimited bandwidth, full text search, editable css, rss support,
and many features!

So some great features from this free unlimited wiki host.
  • It's Free!
  • WYSIWYG entry composer supported
  • Selectable Edit-mode(WikiText or WYSIWYG or text)
  • Multi-language support(English, Chinese and Korean)
  • Password Protected Posts
  • File uploads and Easy Importing
  • Stop sending mass emails to everyone
  • Instant publishing and Multiple authors
  • Archive your thoughts
  • Easy to sign in
  • Full user customize and administrate
  • RSS feeds
Create your own wiki free at @Wiki FREE Wiki Hosting Service

Remind me never to poss off OWG :friends:

It is probably worth mentioing that Google sites is based on Jotspot which has a very easy to use wiki. Then there is Microsoft MOSS 2007...

banners
Back