The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Yellow pages UK

gkd_uk

Has anyone advertised in Yellow pages and actually got some business?

An I.T Consultancy company i worked for when I left university advertised in Yellow pages for one year and got no business at all.

Has it worked for you?

Simple answer, no. We paid £2000 per year for a 'featured' listing for our most competitive keywords. From that, we receive less than 10 potential customers to our site per month. To my knowledge, only one customer has mentioned they found us through Yell.com and actually made a purchase (of little value:(). I wouldn't advise paying for it next year, that £2k could go a long way in online advertising.

Sorry, can't post live links yet. The main site is cupargardencentre.co.uk :)

Yes, we do indeed :) This is a product range I am looking to add to the site within the next week, as well as a revision of the current categories. They will most likely be added in the 'Gardenwares and Water Features' section. Though we do sell via telephone/instore for home delivery on products not currently on our site, too:)

Yes, we do indeed :) This is a product range I am looking to add to the site within the next week, as well as a revision of the current categories. They will most likely be added in the 'Gardenwares and Water Features' section. Though we do sell via telephone/instore for home delivery on products not currently on our site, too:)

I am looking to purchase one in the next few days. I will hang on for your range. Hope you're not too expensive :)

I am looking to purchase one in the next few days. I will hang on for your range. Hope you're not too expensive :)

Haha, you'll be surprised. An inhouse saying: Cheaper than Dobbies.

And we're not the only ones that say it, too. Shame I can't post live links to show you:p

Cheers

I used Yellow pages a few year back, paid £300 or so for listing but did not get any sales through it :(

Has anyone advertised in Yellow pages and actually got some business?

An I.T Consultancy company i worked for when I left university advertised in Yellow pages for one year and got no business at all.

Has it worked for you?

Yeah I have for another one of my brands and I can happily say, it doesnt work and is a complete and utter rip off! No body uses the Yellow Pages anymore - everything is online, I would use up all the free options first before thinking about paying for adverts!

I suppose it depends on your type of market, I get a fair response from my yellow pages advertising, but I tried yell.com for a couple of years, on a promotional offer, got nothing at all out of that.

Yellow Pages can work, but only really for certain types of business, especially trades like builders, or services such as Taxis etc.

Where it does not work very well at all is for Business to Business such as printing, accountants etc

We're all tech-savvy people but, for the masses, it's not true to think everything has moved online. If you're selling to the price-conscious and non-technical then they may well find you in an off-line directory.

In the off-line world, though, you need to be far more proactive about targeting and contacting new customers and what you offer them needs to be timely and relevant.

Target start-up businesses in the UK - www.michrome.com

Spider man, do you advertise product or services?

Yes, usually whatever's the 'in' product at the time - ie. Giftware at Christmas time/mothers day...garden furniture in summer. Seems to convert relatively well for the amount of time put into it (5 minutes a week, tops) :D

MI
Back