The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

WordPress 2.6 Released

pow-wow

affiliate
WordPress › Blog » WordPress 2.6

I’m happy to announce that version 2.6 of WordPress.org is now available, almost a month ahead schedule. Version 2.6 “Tyner,” named for jazz pianist McCoy Tyner, contains a number of new features that make WordPress a more powerful CMS: you can now track changes to every post and page and easily post from wherever you are on the web, plus there are dozens of incremental improvements to the features introduced in version 2.5.

Is there any problem with latest version of WP ? Someone complain about this at DP.

I just upgrade my WP site to 2.6 and now whenever someone posts a comment I sometimes get two emails. It isnt happeneing with every comment but with most of them.

One thing I notice that is different is that normally the from is always "Word Press", with the duplicates I am getting one that says from "Word Press" and the other will say from "whatever the commentor put in as their name"

Whats up with that ?

DON.

Is there any problem with latest version of WP ?

I haven't had any issues from upgrading to 2.6. By the way, I will have Reddit and dZone plugins available soon which are similar to the Digg plugin I created.

Upgrading WP is easy. They do have a major software problem though. It's called "Constant Update Syndrome". Hopefully 2.7 will wait until 2009.

Appreciate if you let us know step by step guide for that please.

DON.

Wordpress have a really helpful three step upgrade guide. You can follow it as a step by step upgrade and is fairly painless.

I use ftp to copy the files to the server so find it a bit of a drag, but it usually goes easily.

On one blog I did have trouble with 2.6 that was on a windows server and had custom permalinks set to /index.php/%postname%/ . The new version seems to have forgotten about it, consequently receiving lots of 404 page not found errors. Fortunately it's now on an apache server so with htaccess available used a redirect.

Anyone with this problem might find it worth waiting for version 2.6.1 which should fix the problem.

Other than that upgrade was a breeze.

MI
Back