The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Windows XP Service Pack 2 released!

P

Piotreksan

Hello!

Microsoft has just released the Windows XP Service Pack 2. This issue is all about security, starting with internet connections, through email handling, pop-up blocker, to Windows firewall. Internet Explorer should be more trouble-free and not crash so often. The new Windows Security Centre will allow user to customise security settings. SP 2 is also to improve wireless networking. More info and download here: microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.aspx

Thanks,

Piotrek

Did most people apply Windows XP service pack two without any problems? I was in a forum the other day and a few people were ranting about SP2 screwing their computer up.

I like the improved security in SP2, it warns you if your are about do download potentially dangerous stuff, it also have an popup blocker. I wonder why every new internet software have a popup blocker on it this days.

Temi

Bad news about SP2

Friday night I have installed SP2 for my Windows XP. The installation work well, actualy smooth & clean, after I restart the computer, everything seems to be ok, after 1 hour I notice that my system was very slow, and my internet connection was also very slow. I restart the computer, and big surprize...no internet connection, no email (all my emails was deleted), the system give me errors, everything was a mess. For fortune I have a partition with Fedora Core (RedHad) and i used till yesterday night.
In this morning I install Windows 2000, I updated with the last service pack from the internet and everything is ok now...
Terrible experience... The service pack 2 has done more bad things that improuve my system performace.
Ovi

Sorry about your experience, Ovi. Mine went smooth, and that was about 2 weeks ago.

It's doesn't block all pop ups/unders though :wink:

Paul

Nice

Nice, as you all maybe know I am a big Linux/Unix fan, but due to my work I am using very much Windows, and my convince that Windows sucks is became even bigger, is not a reliable OS. :( It's very hardly and intuitive, but is not safe and is not stable at all. :(

Ovi

Maybe

It's not bad at all...The problem is different: The people don't know or don't use Linux for many strange reason. If Linux will be used, the people will see the difference, and then you will be happy to welcome Bill Gates to post advertising in Windows section of this forum :) There is many opinions, positive or negative, but in Linux I never had this f*****g problems as in Windows. :(

Ovi

Yeh yeh yeh,
I am sure you linux make you cups of teas as well :) BTW congratulations on becoming a guru webmaster :)

:)

That can be arranged :) The problems is if I want to create a woman with my Linux :)

Ovi

Ahhh,
So finally there is something your Linux can't do. BTW my Windows XP can create a Woman, you see, Winodws is better thant Linux after all :)

MI
Back