The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Will a chat help keep my members close?

bianca18

affiliate
As a forum member, I enjoy staying on forums if they have a chat feature. It easily keeps me to communicate with other members that I'm fond of talking to.

Most definitely!

After some good experience with my hosting company, I've learned to actually choose my service providers by seeing how they can assist me via chat...

Chat only works if you have enough forum members so that there are always a handful of concurrent users on the site. Otherwise there won't be enough momentum to keep vistors viewing the chat page.

A chat is the best possible idea for keeping your members involved but it's a must that on chat to be always 4+ members that communicate.(you may see best traffic hours and activate the chat only then).

I think it really depends on the nubers of site users. I'm involved in a site with about 300 members, and it has a chat facility. But unless you have enough people online at the same time it just sits there doing nothing.

I think you need to reach a critical mass of members before a chat facility is actually going to be worthwhile.

banners
Back