The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why your headline is your last chance in any ad

monasco

Consider this: You only have approximately 1.7 seconds to capture your target audience's attention, or lose them forever.

Your headline is your first and last chance to spike an interest and remove them away from their current task to read your advertisement.

If the headline isn't appealing, you've instantly lost. And you can expect a lot of money to go down the drain.

So what can you take from this?

- Don't be boring.

- Don't be like the rest of the 3,500 advertisements that each person sees everyday, on average (in the US)

- Do be interesting, concise, and appealing in ~3 seconds or less

Just writing headlines in this effective manner will give you advantage over the majority of other advertisements that say things like "Sale! 80% Off!" or "Amazing uber super-duper deal day"

</end>

A headline should offer something helpful, suggest a better way of doing something, offer an improvement, evidence of claims, etc.

Include happiness, sadness, inquisitiveness, or some other appeal. These should be tested in various combinations on your split tests.

e.g.
"PET OWNERS SPEND AS MUCH ON PETS DENTAL HEALTH"

"82% ADULTS OVER 60 USE LEAKAGE PROTECTION"

"I GOT MY MEMORY BACK WITH THIS ONE SUPPLEMENT"

"2000 YEAR OLD MARIJUANA RECIPE ENDED MY SEIZURES"

"WHY BASEBALL PLAYERS CHEW, HOW I ENDED MY TINNITUS"

Headline is the thing that is visible to the audience first and if your headline is awsome your audiences will be instantly attracted towards your add. For that you need to make the headline of the add that much interesting that the people once they just hear or see instead of closing it or changing the channel get sticked to your advertisment.. there are many professional who have been in this field for the last many years and they have also studied the Psychie of Humans and they know how that how to grab the attention of the people... for that they charge high rates but the headlines and the ads they make are really profitable.. there are some ways for example write a shocking work as heading so that everyone gets stunt and second it make it funny ... there are many ways and professionals know best... :)

A good tip for writing headlines is to force yourself to write 20 for one angle. after 10 you've done all the generic ones (these will work as others are using them, however they won't set the world alight), then you start going outside of the box.
by 15 you are writing like a mad man and thinking - this will never work <-- these are the headlines that will do best!

Alternatively you can write them when drunk and you arrive at the crazy ones much quicker!

I know this post is a bit old but I am new to CPA Marketing and am starting on Facebook. I have been going at it for about a month and have been failing miserably. After receiving 2 nasty-grams about the game I was advertising I got to thinking maybe it was my copy write and headline that wasn't 'doing it' for me. I did days of research on these games. Pros, cons, Professional and gamer reviews, etc.
After reading this post I got to writing new headlines. I got to about 10 when I realized I was focusing my research on the wrong stuff and my angle was totally wrong. I went to the games Facebook page to check out their ad headlines for a few ideas and BOOM! They just released a big new update to the game, like a few days ago!! Awesome new angle that could potentially be a game changer for me.
Sorry still being new, everything is still all exciting when I figure things out.... :D:D

I know this post is a bit old but I am new to CPA Marketing and am starting on Facebook. I have been going at it for about a month and have been failing miserably. After receiving 2 nasty-grams about the game I was advertising I got to thinking maybe it was my copy write and headline that wasn't 'doing it' for me. I did days of research on these games. Pros, cons, Professional and gamer reviews, etc.
After reading this post I got to writing new headlines. I got to about 10 when I realized I was focusing my research on the wrong stuff and my angle was totally wrong. I went to the games Facebook page to check out their ad headlines for a few ideas and BOOM! They just released a big new update to the game, like a few days ago!! Awesome new angle that could potentially be a game changer for me.
Sorry still being new, everything is still all exciting when I figure things out.... :D:D

That is a perfect example of why we all in this business need to research everything as often as we can.

Good move @MichelleH !

A good tip for writing headlines is to force yourself to write 20 for one angle. after 10 you've done all the generic ones (these will work as others are using them, however they won't set the world alight), then you start going outside of the box.
by 15 you are writing like a mad man and thinking - this will never work <-- these are the headlines that will do best!

Alternatively you can write them when drunk and you arrive at the crazy ones much quicker!

This is the way to do it!

A lot of people misinterpret the idea that their angles need to be unique and creative. They think they have to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Really, the best angles are genuine, directly related to a benefit and offer value. Usually, the best headline is right under your nose, hiding in the product itself. Your story is a great example of this!

banners
Back