The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Do GREAT Products Get Sucky CB Scores?

King Conga

I was on my way to building a great site at HomeWebsiteBuilder.com using a REALLY good piece of PC Optimization software called PC Health Advisor, developed by just as good a developer, PareTo Logic. I mean, it was approved and recommended by the BIG MSoft, even Intel, and BBB. I had even tested on my own PC, and compared to many of the current such programs that try to sell a bunch of other crap, or install unwanted toolbars, this one simply installed a great working piece of software that did exactly what it said it did for a REALLY good price. So, why shouldn't it get a Gravity score of at least 100, as opposed to 1.62. All of the other parameters were pretty decent. In addition, to that, there were some other really stellar reviews. It also offered more features (especially for the price) than most of the other software in it's class. I really don't understand any of this.

Is there anything I can, or should do, if I wanted to sell this software? After all, the company has it's own affiliate program that offers 7 other good pieces of software?

KC

Hey KC,

That is a great question.

I found this explanation of gravity rating for Clickbank:

Number of distinct affiliates who earned a commission by referring a paying customer to the vendor's products. This is a weighted sum and not an actual total. For each affiliate paid in the last 8 weeks we add an amount between 0.1 and 1.0 to the total. The more recent the last referral, the higher the value added.

So a low gravity rating could be due to low exposure on the network, low number affiliates that are promoting it, a relatively new product listing etc. Even though the product is great it might have a low gravity rating.

Does that mean you should not promote it, absolutely not. As you had said, our program has a lot of people that say it is great, we are a Microsoft Certified Partner, and have a great rating with the BBB. Pc Health Advisor is a great product that appeals to many different niches and provides great all around value to customers.

If you want to get into detail about what will work for you just send me a pm or an email at mitchell.bierd@paretologic.com

Thanks,

Mitch

PS. just for clarification I am the affiliate manager for ParetoLogic ;)

So, why shouldn't it get a Gravity score of at least 100, as opposed to 1.62.

KC

Gravity has nothing, directly, to do with the value or quality of an offer. Gravity is an indication of how many sales were made of the offer in the last 8 weeks.

Therefore it indicates affiliates willingness, and success, in selling it.

1.62 tells me it lacks popularity and sales

Personally, and no offense meant, I wouldn't promote an offer at below about 30 unless I had reason to think it was what I call a 'breakout' product - one that's just recently been released and was showing a high growth rate on the Gravity since release.

MI
Back