The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Are You Afraid To Start NOW?

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
I'm starting to hear a very common type of "statement" from a LOT of people I know...

A variation of this...

"Yeah, in 2013 I'm going to start ____________ ... and yeah, 2013 is going to be a BIG year for me."

To which I can't help but thinking (and of course telling people)...

Why are you afraid to start NOW? Why haven't you already started?

Because let's be honest with ourselves here...

Whatever you are "going" to start in 2013, you've been thinking about it for longer than just now... right?

Come on... right?

You have, you know it... so why not start right now... right after reading this post?

Nah, you won't... will you?

Nah, you're going to be like most people and just "put it off"... whatever "it" is... one more day... one more week... one more month... because of whatever excuse you're telling yourself, right now. ;)

Or...

Will you do what most people won't do? Do you have the inner fortitude to commit to something that, whether it works or not, whether it fails or succeeds... do you have the fortitude to commit to something RIGHT NOW?

Do you?

I hope so... I really do. Because I was in the spot you are right now, a few years ago... and I made the same decision (guess which one? :) ).

Yes, it CAN happen for you... that's why I have invested in you reading this post...

... so don't let me down. GET ON IT... TODAY! No more excuses, no more waiting until __________ happens first, just do it... now. :cool:

I want YOU to be the next one writing a post like this.

(here's to a great today... and to a great rest of your life everyone)

Couldn't agree more Joseph. I think it's nice to add "don't quit" as well. I know I've started many affiliate websites and even though it's a hurdle to get started it's just as bad to keep going when you're not seeing the results you want. My guess is you made it through that stage. Thanks again for the post.

I think it's nice to add "don't quit" as well.

I like the thought here Scott, but let me challenge it a little...

You won't quit what you're truly committed to... will you? If you quit, or think of quitting, were you committed to the right thing to begin with?

(Bill Gates didn't "quit" Microsoft, Steve Jobs technically didn't "quit" Apple etc...)

Thank you for the motivating post. I am actually in the process of working on my dream now but reading this just makes me more motivated to keep going. Thank you :)

I think it's sth important that people feel prepared enough to start their business, they need a special date or sth like that.

Maybe they are lazy too, you know in french this is call "procrastination" and it means "hmm yea i'll do this tomorrow" and the day after they feel more like the day after lol

In the end i think it's a good thing, because if you decide so actually start, and they don't, then you'll have a lead on other people, so no need to complain :rolleyes:

Then I realized that it's because not all people have the resources that they need to start now. Or even if they can start now, it would still be better for them to start tomorrow or so.

That's exactly why I wrote this post Jensha. :cool:

You can always start now instead of later, and it's amazing how resourceful you become when you're truly committed to whatever it is you want to accomplish... if you really wanted to accomplish it that is.

Sometimes, as humans, we talk about accomplishing certain things that, when it comes down to doing the work, wasn't really something we wanted to accomplish.

Happens all the time. ;)

I guess I better start to sign up for all the affiliate networks I've been planning to join with and see which one of them would accept me right away for me to be able to start promoting right away. ;)

Actually, I would focus your energies on the few networks you'll really commit to... so you'll be more excited and focused and actually get the results you want. ;)

Spread yourself too thin... and you might end up not finishing at all.

But yes, get started now.

I like the thought here Scott, but let me challenge it a little...

You won't quit what you're truly committed to... will you? If you quit, or think of quitting, were you committed to the right thing to begin with?

(Bill Gates didn't "quit" Microsoft, Steve Jobs technically didn't "quit" Apple etc...)

Joseph,

Challenge accepted! In all honesty, I think of quitting all the time. It's my MO. In some instances I agree with you that you may have the wrong product or strategy. But what if it's not the product, what if it's you? The more I dive into working online the more I find the latter to be true. It's easy to give up fast when you don't see results. It's easy to blame the product, or the marketing strategy, then jump ship and try something else. It's hard to blame yourself.

Still, I'm constantly evaluating the products I promote to see if the problem is really there. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and see what others have to say.

When do you decide to quit on a product or marketing strategy and move on?

It's hard to blame yourself.

Yep... this is probably the biggest hurdle to success in anything, let alone affiliate marketing.

Still, I'm constantly evaluating the products I promote to see if the problem is really there.

Almost never, would you really associate yourself with a product that has a "problem"? If you have, before... you probably didn't listen to your gut telling you "don't promote this." That, or you fell for a product's (or affiliate manager's) pitch for how "easy" it was to promote.

But do you see the common element in any case? You. So, if that's the common element, is the product ever at fault?

When do you decide to quit on a product or marketing strategy and move on?

This question is two-fold if you examine it Scott.

On one hand, I'm always testing new things... new marketing strategies, different variations of marketing strategies, different advertising, different copy etc... so, am I really "quitting" anything if I'm always in pursuit of what works best?

On the other hand... If you're looking to blame one or the other for your failure or success... look at the common element between the product or marketing (hint: I've already told you the common element).

Now for a little bit of blunt advice Scott, and this isn't personal... it can apply to anyone reading this thread:

You use the word "quit" (or a variation) way too much. The language we use determines part of our mindset (good or bad), so I suggest you find a different way to think about this... not using "quit" or a variation of that word.

What you'll probably discover is a more positive way of thinking of your business... and that can lead to more positive business results. :cool:

banners
Back