The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why am i not making sales in affiliate marketing?

Isaiah

I'm pretty frustrated with affiliate marketing because i'm only making a few cents here and there. I've been delivering excellent content for several years now. They are very informative and influential. They provide alot of value to my readers. I've gotten 62 subscribers from following other people's advice (ex. pop up opt-ins, bonus content, lead magnets, etc.) I've recommended great affiliate products to my email subscribers. Still no sales. I'm currently in the process of making my own product with a very creative and great approach but i'm getting discouraged. I feel like there's tons of advice out there is useless. For example, i don't see how using your own website compared to a public domain one is going to generate more money. To me, it feels like the so-called "experts" are just giving you bits and pieces of how to make a successful online business but they're not giving you the whole truth. A lot of the advice out there looks good and improves my website but ultimately, i don't see anyone buying because they want free useful information. Your advice, suggestions, feedback, and comments are greatly appreciated and welcome.

Give us some more info bro.

Is your traffic organic or paid?
What kind of numbers are we talking about?
What niche?

I'm in the self defense niche on Blogger. My traffic is organic. I share my content on social media (ex. Facebook, Twitter with hashtags, Pinterest, Quora). I use free backlinks. I get hundreds of view for several posts. Some only less than a 100. My most popular post has over 500 views. I have a pay with a tweet campaign to promote a free chapter to my e-book. I do SEO research using the Google Keyword tool then write blog posts centered on them. I have loads of content on martial arts, bullying, weapons, multiple attackers, the list goes on. I suppose i might need to tweak the headlines more and build trust with my email subscribers because i rarely email them. I don't want to bother them too much.

I feel the same. Its not easy to deal with cold traffic or a niche which has low followers. I am dealing with one.
I think you need to increase your traffic little bit more, analyze your traffic more like what is the age group? what is their fields of interest ? And what is the country ?
Anyway, I have very limited knowledge when its come to AM but I feel the same, hope other people will give you wonderful advice.

I'm in the self defense niche on Blogger. My traffic is organic. I share my content on social media (ex. Facebook, Twitter with hashtags, Pinterest, Quora). I use free backlinks. I get hundreds of view for several posts. Some only less than a 100. My most popular post has over 500 views. I have a pay with a tweet campaign to promote a free chapter to my e-book. I do SEO research using the Google Keyword tool then write blog posts centered on them. I have loads of content on martial arts, bullying, weapons, multiple attackers, the list goes on. I suppose i might need to tweak the headlines more and build trust with my email subscribers because i rarely email them. I don't want to bother them too much.
So here we go:

First your numbers are still very low, but that's ok. As longs as you keep posting valuable content and keep promoting traffic will come.

Apart from increasing your traffic, I think you'd should start writing so called money articles. This is where you research BUYER keywords for your target audience. A great way to do this is by writing in depth reviews about products that connect with your visitors. In those articles you should sprinkle your affiliate links ofcourse.

Here's a nice case study on writing reviews: Amazon Affiliate Site Case Study ($0 to $4500+ in 4 Months)

Keep in mind that people who are looking for self defense moves are not necessarily buyers.

Also I don't know much about the Blogger platform and how easy it is to optimize your blog for ranking in Google.

This is as far as I can help you without seeing your actual website.

Good luck dude, keep grinding! :affiliatefix:

So here we go:

First your numbers are still very low, but that's ok. As longs as you keep posting valuable content and keep promoting traffic will come.

Apart from increasing your traffic, I think you'd should start writing so called money articles. This is where you research BUYER keywords for your target audience. A great way to do this is by writing in depth reviews about products that connect with your visitors. In those articles you should sprinkle your affiliate links ofcourse.

Thanks that's great advice. I'll try to do that and see where it goes.

If you are using an opt-in email (newsletter) and people are signed up to your mailing list, they will be expecting and be happy to receive content from you. You should not worry about bothering them if this is the case! Maybe start with a weekly/fortnightly newsletter with some information regarding your latest blog posts... include content that your readers can interact with and reply to.. as this picks traction up and gains the trust of your readers include links/adverts to your affiliate products as people are more likely to purchase via your links knowing you are a trusted source!

Considering that affiliate marketing has been around for more than 20 years, getting started now and trying to generate traffic selling popular clickbank products is difficult. These products are popular for a reason - There are lots of people selling them!

My advice is to find products that are not being marketed out the wazoo. Digital information products are tough because there is a plethora of free information out there already that is being sold in digital form. Have you looked a giving away free apps that are built on a "fermium" model where you make money once the user either makes in-app purchases or pays to upgrade the app? Or perhaps market Wordpress plugins as an affiliate where while the "lite" version of the plugin is free, the customer may really want the "pro" version in order to get more out of it. These are products that are not simply digital information.

- Joe

Considering that affiliate marketing has been around for more than 20 years, getting started now and trying to generate traffic selling popular clickbank products is difficult. These products are popular for a reason - There are lots of people selling them!

My advice is to find products that are not being marketed out the wazoo. Digital information products are tough because there is a plethora of free information out there already that is being sold in digital form. Have you looked a giving away free apps that are built on a "fermium" model where you make money once the user either makes in-app purchases or pays to upgrade the app? Or perhaps market Wordpress plugins as an affiliate where while the "lite" version of the plugin is free, the customer may really want the "pro" version in order to get more out of it. These are products that are not simply digital information.

- Joe

Yea i stopped using Clickbank because i heard it's a scam. As far as digital information products, people have been saying they are profitable to sell so i went along with it.

I know how it feels i am also in your situation ,but you need to be smart and never give up .Now to sold digital products its dificult but not so hard ,the thing its very competitive and people dont buy them so easy ,you need good traffic to get some sales .You must go also with buyer keywords for example product review etc .You can also make videos on youtube and you will get sales .Dont stay with only 1 traffic source ,only 1 network etc diversify your work

I'm pretty frustrated with affiliate marketing because i'm only making a few cents here and there. I've been delivering excellent content for several years now. They are very informative and influential. They provide alot of value to my readers. I've gotten 62 subscribers from following other people's advice (ex. pop up opt-ins, bonus content, lead magnets, etc.) I've recommended great affiliate products to my email subscribers. Still no sales. I'm currently in the process of making my own product with a very creative and great approach but i'm getting discouraged. I feel like there's tons of advice out there is useless. For example, i don't see how using your own website compared to a public domain one is going to generate more money. To me, it feels like the so-called "experts" are just giving you bits and pieces of how to make a successful online business but they're not giving you the whole truth. A lot of the advice out there looks good and improves my website but ultimately, i don't see anyone buying because they want free useful information. Your advice, suggestions, feedback, and comments are greatly appreciated and welcome.

You have create content that users will want to talk about. My website talks about dog training from a funny respective and I attack social media like crazy. Shares on twitter or Tumbler are big.

Hi Asaiah,

I would suggest on having Facebook page to be one of your base in collecting audience.
What I would probably do if I have great contents will be
- Open a facebook page for yourself
- Complete Facebook page BIO and link to your website
- Post write-ups and links to your quality contents on Facebook page regularly
- Boost the post and get likes and followers to your page (important)

Why would I suggest the above is because
- Collecting Facebook audience is also an asset
- The cost of advertising (eg. Boosting post) inside Facebook environment (eg. Facebook Page) is still very low.
- Advertising to get likes and followers to facebook page will be cheaper than advertising directly to your website

Hope it helps a little bit.

Hi Isaiah!
From my experience in the field is to, first of all, remind your self all the time that that kind of things

takes time, And I know that at the moment that we forget it, the stress, frustration, and bad thought are banging on the door.

Now, regarding sales, you need to think of a product the people would like, in self-defense, to be honest, I don't see something I would like to buy, and telling you that one with more than 10 years experience in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, "Krav Maga" and more.
What you can do is use your good content and generate your site to e-commerce, dropshipping maybe.

If you have good content and you believe it, keep it up, open Facebook page like

WeweMedia just said.
In addition open for you business an Instagram account (if you don't have yet).

Hope that will help along with all the other advice.

Eric Hunter,
Affiliate Manager
itscanadatime.com

banners
Back