The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

WHOIS Privacy

gkd_uk

Hi

As you are aware it is easy to grab hold of domain owner details by accessing sites such as Who is.

Does anyone know of any add ons which allow you to hide this info. My hosting company offers this for £8.99 as a one off payment (per domain I think)

What are your thoughts on this?

I always use whois guard - its not only whois that has the data - bots get hold of it and put it on wiki style sites and cram it with ads.

I use namecheap - its free for the first year and like $3 a year after that?

Excellent! I'll have to check that out. I was surprised to see a link from my site listing some of my info from one of the domain tools out there - luckily much of it was wrong or outdated. Thanks for the reference.

I think £8.99 is okay as long as it one off payment and the domain ownership details of the domain will be secure for life.

The pricing is OK and I always activate the protection mainly because of the spam that you may receive, and I usually put contact us pages on my web sites so anybody can contact me at any.

Meti

Some of domain registrar provide this facility without taking any charge so i only use whois privacy there ;)

DON.

Received a reply from my host. See reply below:

Please note the WHOIS privacy is only available for most non-.uk domain name
extensions. Nominet (the operators of the .uk registry) only allow the hiding of
your address if you're using your website for non-commercial purposes. This can be
enabled for free if you can confirm that your domains are being used for strictly
personal reasons.

Received a reply from my host. See reply below:

Please note the WHOIS privacy is only available for most non-.uk domain name
extensions. Nominet (the operators of the .uk registry) only allow the hiding of
your address if you're using your website for non-commercial purposes. This can be
enabled for free if you can confirm that your domains are being used for strictly
personal reasons.

Awesomeness! I'm doing that right now!

MI
Back