The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

White Hat SEO?

White hat SEO refers to the process of optimizing your website for the search engines while staying well within the terms of service of the search engines
So building a content rich, niche specific, frequently updated website with links generated from article marketing and link bait is white hat

Things like invisible text, link farms and cloaked pages are black hat and a no-no

This forum is a good start on SEO. My recomendation, go and learn about white, black, gray, and blue hat. There are many shades. Stick to the white, but learn everything.

Thanks for sharing about white hat SEO. Hope people will stick to the white hat strategy and not on blackhat strategy in optimizing their website.

Thanks for sharing about white hat SEO. Hope people will stick to the white hat strategy and not on blackhat strategy in optimizing their website.

The difference between the shades where white hat and black hat meet are just automation. I agree there are some black hat strategies that do not work in the long run. However, there are some that will simplify your life, without penalties. That is why I recommend learning about them all.

I strongly disagree that newbies should learn black hat. Newbies have all they can handle learning the basics and generating content and traffic. They should not get diverted learning about things that could just get them banned from the search engines.

I agree more with Niche's definition of white hat/black hat. Black hat is breaking the search engine's rules and in many cases is search engine spam and other tricks that make the search engines crack down - which makes it harder even for honest marketers to make a living. Gray hat is the area somewhere in between.

I've often wondered if automation = black hat (example, using an automated social posting software package). Would this be considered black hat? Grey? Or is this perfectly legit? :confused:

Thanks!

MI
Back