Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knoppix

• LFS

• others

• Total voters
I like to use redhat, because most of the programs are base on that. and it looks much stable with most of the programs.

:)

monster.. not quite.. RedHat has a lot of vulnerabilities.. Suse and Slackware are better.. but.. then i'm a rookie in this domain

i used until now RedHat and Knoppix

i have to vote for Knoppix because i can use it on any PC without any installation

Re: :)

novocaine said:
monster.. not quite.. RedHat has a lot of vulnerabilities.. Suse and Slackware are better.. but.. then i'm a rookie in this domain

i used until now RedHat and Knoppix

i have to vote for Knoppix because i can use it on any PC without any installation

Novocaine, with all due respect, RedHat is rock! solid. And you can take that from a convinced Slacker :) The vulnerabilities belong to: 1. kernel 2. applications, both of which are common to all distros. You will quite rarely find vulnerabilities that are specific only to a certain distro. Even thoug I just love the way Slackware is, it's perfect for all my needs: I use it as a server (router/firewall, http, database, e-mail, samba, ftp, dns, printer, ssh && more) and also as a desktop and development platform and it runs like a charm, still RedHat is... RedHat: strong, powerful, reliable... a rock solid distro.
Anyway if by RedHat you mean by any chance Fedora Core..... that's an entirely different situation.... as good RedHat is, Fedora Core stinks big time. It's a crap distro... and when migrating to it from RedHat I was left with a very bad taste. The "rock solid" was completely gone, so was stability and reliability...

MI
Back