The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Which is the better blogging platform

bigcat1967

I have a lot of pages to write about a specific subject. Just wondering what the best blog would be for optimization - and also the quickest to build pages of info. I know that WordPress would probably be the favorite here - but what about blogspot?

The problem with blogspot/blogger is:

1. you don't own the site (there is no stand-alone blogger software) so you have to comply with Google's ToS and if you don't your blog can be yanked at any time

2. there are, if I'm not mistaken, some restrictions on what you can post and Google increasingly seems to have it in for affiliate marketers

3. the feed from a blogger site is in the Atom format (I think there is an RSS option but it's always been buggy) and not all readers handle Atom feeds as well as RSS feeds

4. Limited customization and add-ons

I would recommend that you stick with WordPress.

I guess it would depend on skill level and also what you want out of your blog. But in general I would say wordpress is much better for a few reasons:

It already is set up for seo (pretty much). So, even if you don't know seo, your half way there.
2- Its easy to set up and use. To be fare, blogger is easy to use as well.
3- There are thousands of free themes that are of a premium quality
4- There are thousands of free plugins that make it possible to do almost anything with your blog even if you don't know anything at all about coding.

Wordpress without a doubt. There is an incredible selection of plugins available for WP that make life much easier. One I recommend is the Insights plugin. :)

Wordpress is currently by pick. I am in the process of building my second wordpress blog. It is liking putting together a puzzle. I love watching it all come together. Does anyone however know how or where to get a webform that captures name and email address without going to a service like aweber? I'm working on building my list and I just don't have the traffic right now to justify the expense of aweber. Any ideas?

If I was you I'd go for blogger, because it has so many themes to choose when you sign up and not to forget the easy navigation it has.

As far as I'm concerned a self hosted WordPress blog is the only way to go, especially if you intent to make money online. I've used blogger and wordpress.org blogs and it wasn't until I hosted my own that people started taking me seriously.

Another plus for hosting your own is you can do paid posts for advertisers as they don't accept those other blogs. Then like Minstrel says there is also the fact that you don't have to worry about someone pulling the rug from under you for no good reason. I've heard stories of people who lost their blogs after putting years of work into it.

I like wordpress the most, it has great plugins that I enjoy to use. It's also the best for seo optimization in my opinion.

A vote for wordpress from me ..... I love it been using it for over 2 years. Its powerful , easy and so extendable.

I also recommend self hosting you have alot more control

The problem with blogspot/blogger is:

1. you don't own the site (there is no stand-alone blogger software) so you have to comply with Google's ToS and if you don't your blog can be yanked at any time

2. there are, if I'm not mistaken, some restrictions on what you can post and Google increasingly seems to have it in for affiliate marketers

3. the feed from a blogger site is in the Atom format (I think there is an RSS option but it's always been buggy) and not all readers handle Atom feeds as well as RSS feeds

4. Limited customization and add-ons

I would recommend that you stick with WordPress.

Agreed Blogger have some restriction like you have mentioned, i preferred wordpress instead....you can do all the things at your own that you have mentioned we cant do oon Blogger....

Wordpress on a own domain is the best way to go, wordpress.com dosent allow ads and you wont be in charge over your blogspot blogg as been said before.

Whit wordpress on a own domain you get the controll over everything, if you decide to take the site down, you could store the database, then you could use it and import it to a new site, ive done that alot whit my old sites.

Wordpress isnt hard to learn or use acctually

Yeah have to agree that WordPress is the best all rounder. I feel that there's too many rules and restrictions with the likes of blogger.

Although their great for building feeder sites, it only takes a simple change in the policies to wipe out years of works.

WordPress is number 1...

Many of the points of why Wordpress is awesome were mentioned, and I know a lot of people are pushing for Wordpress. However, one thing to consider about blogger is that you can get a top level domain name and blog hosted and ready to go for $10 per year. And, it's very simple.

Not to mention, I've always wondered if Google blogs aggregate with Google better since they are owned by them.

Recurring Commissions - Blogging To The Bank

Recurring Commissions - Blogging To The Bank
PHP:
Relaunched With Monthly Commissions & Insane Conversions ::: Up To $6.13 Per Hop ::: Still The Number 1 Blogging Offer ::: Get Your Email Swipes, Banners, Reviews Etc Etc ::: http://8aef12vl2ci9pc347rkt4m5z0l.hop.clickbank.net/

MI
Back