The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Which CDN Network should I use?

mgsolid2010

affiliate
Hi all,

I have a HTML landing page and need to find a very fast CDN host.

I am moving away from VPS with WordPress.

I have looked at Maxcdn, but do not seem to understand how they work, as it doesn't seem to be as simple as uploading onto their site. As Maxcdn have said they will need to retrieve my files from a seperate hosting company.

So how do I get a CDN Web host to simply store a html website?

Hi all,

I have a HTML landing page and need to find a very fast CDN host.

I am moving away from VPS with WordPress.

I have looked at Maxcdn, but do not seem to understand how they work, as it doesn't seem to be as simple as uploading onto their site. As Maxcdn have said they will need to retrieve my files from a seperate hosting company.

So how do I get a CDN Web host to simply store a html website?
I can recommend BunnyCDN they are really cheap and also really fast. They also offer 14 Days Trial . And you only pay for the traffic you get not for any packages :) They have a area where they describe how to setup everything

This article might be helpful to you How to Host HTML Landing Pages on KeyCDN - Nginx Virtualmin Ubuntu Server tutorials

Thanks for this article.

The article suggests the use of 'Push Zone', MaxCDN also offers this. But, I was confused when MaxCDN advised me that I would need a seperate hosting and use MaxCDN in conjunction with that.

I tried to gain more from the advisor, but they seem to then suggest I use Stackpath....

So, by uploading onto a Push Zone, will this affect speed and performance in any way as oppose to using it in conjunction with a seperate host.

Thanks for this article.

The article suggests the use of 'Push Zone', MaxCDN also offers this. But, I was confused when MaxCDN advised me that I would need a seperate hosting and use MaxCDN in conjunction with that.

I tried to gain more from the advisor, but they seem to then suggest I use Stackpath....

So, by uploading onto a Push Zone, will this affect speed and performance in any way as oppose to using it in conjunction with a seperate host.
No, there won't be any impact on the performance. KeyCDN also offers a Trial, so you can easily test the performance.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for this article.

I'm using maxcdn myself, you will still need to have a standalone server where you upload your files to, a simple $5 vps from digitalocean will do.

If you're hosting a simple, static HTML website, a push CDN would work fine. Basically your CDN provider will give you an FTP account that you can upload your files to and it'll store them all throughout their network. The moment you want to do any kind of dynamic content, like a WordPress site, you'll need to have hosting elsewhere.

The thing is, if you're not anticipating much traffic for this site, you might be better off just using someone like DigitalOcean to host your site. If you're not receiving traffic, your files won't be cached at the CDN PoP. This mean when visitors visit your site, the CDN service would need to 're-push' the content out of the location your visitor is coming from, delaying page loads by a few milliseconds.

MI
Back