The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Where should I start?

tahersyed

Okay so first off I'd like to know (this question is toward the affiliate gurus)

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO BECOME PROS AT AFFILIATE MARKETING BEFORE YOU REALIZED EVERYTHING IS SIMPLER NOW THAN WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED AS AFFILIATE MARKETERS

my 2nd question is:

WHAT SHOULD I START DOING TO START PRACTICING SKILLS TOWARD BECOMING A AFFILIATE MARKETER

Thanks

hi

Hi Sorry let me clarify, Where should I start in regards to promoting my website, what strategies should I practice on to start those implementations when it comes to traffic generation, sales, etc.

I have 2 websites under construction right now and I'd like to start testing my abilities out on those sites.

Examples would be

SEO, PPC, article marketing.....WHERE SHOULD I START

THanks

There are TONS of ways to start and tons of things to try. There is really no best way. It depends on your current skill set, budget, niche, type of site and bunch of other factors.

That's why minstrel suggested the stickies. It's the best way to learn about things that have worked for others and what to avoid.

I would start with web etiquette. ;)

When you TYPE IN ALL CAPS that is the same as yelling on the Internet.

Onward...

I would suggest you begin to learn 2 skills:

1) Direct Marketing -- Big subject, lots of moving parts... but required for affiliate marketing success.

2) Selling -- Big subject, lots of moving parts... but required for affiliate marketing success.

To get started learning these...I suggest going to Amazon or your local library and picking up books on these subjects (Master the Art of Selling, Scientific Advertising, Ogilvy on Advertising, Affiliate Program Management an Hour a Day are a few titles you can research).

Learning these skills helps you with PPC, article marketing, etc... etc...

To me, it's more important to learn these skills to build your "foundation." Without a foundation, you cannot build a "house" which is your affiliate marketing business.

There are no shortcuts, no magic tricks to this business... it will take time to learn if you're just starting out, and take time to test and tweak campaigns once you start marketing affiliate offers on the Web.

Hi tahersyed, there's a course called rapid profit formula which really helps you put your focus in the right direction, I'm new to this to and it helped me a lot .

The only problem is it's not free, but it's not to costly either

P.s. I'm not an affiliate for it

[snip]
my 2nd question is:

WHAT SHOULD I START DOING TO START PRACTICING SKILLS TOWARD BECOMING A AFFILIATE MARKETER

Thanks

What I've seen from my own experience, and that of my students, is the need to keep it REALLY simple as you get started - then from that simple basis you will develop essential skills you can expand out on.

One of my mentors, the late Jim Rohn, dropped a principle into my mind that's stood me in good stead over my 4 plus years making my living as an affiliate marketer when he said "Become an EXPERT on the basics, before you seek the exotic"

So... what are the basics?

1) You don't need a website (or blog) to get started. Start with some low cost/free advertising methods where you send people direct to the vendors sales page. You will learn how to write headlines and ad copy - in other words, how to sell. You will also make some money. Always good :)

2) Use some of that money to invest in a good course in affiliate marketing - again concentrate on keeping it simple. Don't get sidetracked down the path of complexity.

3) Become a business person. Develop the motivation, self discipline and consistency you need to succeed. Take a long term view.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 websites under construction right now and I'd like to start testing my abilities out on those sites.

Stop working on one site. You need to focus on one site as a beginner. Get that one making money and then use that to build no 2. You are very likely to overload yourself and then you do not succeed with either.

Focus, focus, focus! One is hard enough to start out with, and multi sites is for diversity, diversity is to protect income and wealth, if you are just starting, you have nothing to protect yet. Make sure you have something to protect before you go into protection mode.

Launching a site is like the space shuttle launching, it takes huge booster rockets to propel the ship into orbit and beat the grips of gravity, but once there, it can be propelled with a babies breath.

Do one at a time, you will be glad you did.

If you don't have a large social media presence, or the the money and know how for a PPC campaign, the only way to make money from the internet is to learn SEO.

And what is SEO? It is basically link building. Anyone who tells you otherwise is yankin' yer chain. If you want to make money without investing any, you need to take free Google traffic and turn it into converting customers.

My favorite link building activities are web 2.0's, blog networks, and social bookmarking. A combination of those should get you good results. Just look out for the BS. There's a lot of it out there.

Best of luck to you.

banners
Back