The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

When its good to be bad

L

Lanre

I was a single till the age of 37 year and you can imagine how many sisters', cousins', and extended families' weddings I attended alone :(
That is not the worst of it.
I have this uncle who took pride in making me leave such glorious occasion with a heavy heart. :evil: although I used to attend this wedding alone he took great joy in telling everyone my wedding will be next or asking me when will mine be.
but I found respite one day in the dead :twisted: :idea: At a funeral of a relative one day I went up to him and asked him your will be next? :twisted:
I think he got my message to keep off and never since has he asked me about when I will get married. :p
And thank God I am indeed now married.

Lanre,

When your Uncle is laying there, ready to be set 10 ft under, how do you think you'll feel then?

The resentments you feel now, do you think you'll be more forgiving then?

Honest Replys Only, Please...

Paul

Paul,
In actual fact, I do not feel any resentment then or now. What I felt then was the dread of meeting my extended family on accasions such as above because someone almost always pop up this question of marriage. Now I think to them it is just something to start a discussion with but to me it was a sore spot as I needed to be sure of whom I marry. You know I have this opinion of how I though a marriage should be. But the most persistent of all was this uncle of mine.
Well if you have family like I do you will understand that we may disagree but I do not wish him dead.
Lanre

Lanre,

Despite all the annoying things that you went through waiting for your woman don't you think it was worth it? I mean -your wedding ceremony was beautiful and you and Monika are happy now, at least as far as I know ;)
Though I'm only 20 I've learned till now that we should use every single of our experience no matter if they are bad or good because they will come in handy one day. All in all that's what make us unique as well.

About the uncle- maybe he wished you well, but he sure pushed it. Maybe you should send him your wedding photo?

Piotrek

BTW

Hey, BTW -is it a fun corner or what?

Here's something let's hope won't be useful for you ;) :

Best Things to say if Caught Sleeping At Your Office Desk...

"They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

"This is just a 15 minute power-nap as described in that time management course you sent me."

"I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

"I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

"I was doing Yoga exercises to relieve work-related stress."

"Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

"The coffee machine is broken..."

"Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot..."

" ... in Jesus' name. Amen."

:D
Piotrek

"About the uncle- maybe he wished you well, but he sure pushed it. Maybe you should send him your wedding photo?"

That's an excellent idea.

He, most obviously, made comments, which you didn't like, perhaps because YOU KNEW how society may think about males, unmarried at age 37 (Yeah, I know and I hate stereotypes also). He struck a cord, that's for sure.

On the other hand, you made the comment at the funeral, which obviously struck a cord with him, as he never mentioned the, "M" word again.

Not to get too mushy here, but I'm only speaking out of experience. Having regrets, when a family member dies, sux. And the thing that really sux, is when you only find out the deceased thought you had resentments, AFTER they died. I mean chit, if they woulda just asked, I would have been glad to address a point, which I thought was, "No Big Deal". Anyway...

"Well if you have family like I do you will understand that we may disagree but I do not wish him dead."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I completing understand. My siblings and I, hah, we love to argue just for the sake of arguing. It's, in a really sick way, are way of communicating in a sense. Heh :lol: I like to bring up politics all of the time, even at Christmas and Thanksgiving :lol: :lol: :lol: And my sister, she likes to point out her education (MBA), then I like to point out how I never finished a second yr of college, yet triple her income :lol: :lol: Then she tells me I really should start exercising :roll: Ewww... :evil: And my brother, hah, he likes to make jokes like, "Glad you flew to S.Barbara last week, cuz I really missed Heather (My wife) and the great <Insert your favorite word for oral>" :lol: :lol: :lol: It's absolutely bizarre lol. No one is scared to say anything to each other. Now, on the other hand, some members of my family don't take those, "jokes" too well. Anyway...

"Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul<----Not to be confused with Dr. Phil

banners
Back