The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

When can I start an affiliate program?

DrMarie

affiliate
I have enjoyed experimenting with affiliate sites so far. However, I have decided to concentrate my efforts on my main website which is an advice for a fee site.

I'd like to eventually launch an affiliate program for this site. When do I know that I am ready?

I currently have about 4-5 conversions per day with traffic to the main site of about 50 visitors per day.

Right now I have a very low fee for answering a question but I will be eventually having options of a low fee question that is answered within 24 hours, a premium $15 question that is answered within minutes or a one month premium subscription for $60.

So here are my questions...
Do I need to build up more traffic before even considering an affiliate program?
Can anyone advise which network would best suit my needs?

Thanks guys!
Marie

Hi Marie, my gut reaction is this.

Implement the new fee structure and work on getting more traffic so you can THEN evaluate your conversion rates with the new fees and with enough traffic to give you a good sample.

Your existing conversion rates are awesome! So congrats on that. But the conversions are in part related to the current low price. Affiliates are going to want to have a chance to make more money with the higher end services, so I think you need to generate more traffic and test conversion rates on those options.

"Can anyone advise which network would best suit my needs?"

I think the best, low cost network is Shareasale and if I were going to launch an affiliate program that's where I would go, for many reasons.

Hope this helps!
Anyone else have any feedback???

Thanks so much Linda! You always give such great, sound advice.

I like your plan! I'll let you know when I take the jump into my affiliate program.

MI
Back