The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What's the point of it all?

crazyivan11

affiliate
Hi guys,

My first thread here at AF.

Been doing this full-time for coming up to 14 months I think.

I was just reading a 'how much time do you spend online thread' and it made me want to ask something myself;

About 6 months ago I found myself super pissed off about having to leave the computer for any length of time. A wedding, a drink with friends, a football game, na thanks, waste of time...

The virtual reality became my reality, as many of the guys here mention.

I managed to drag myself away from this and back into the land of the living and doing stuff aside from AM, 14-18 hours a day. I did this by getting into running and a working schedule! (maybe by finally earning a living also)

I now do 8-10 hours a day and am satisfied when I finish.

How have you rescued yourself from becoming a complete robot?
Do you even want to be a human being at all!?

It is a disease that has been eating into me. I can not at any cost leave the laptop wherever I go. This is when I was able to know that I have become a robot and addicted to computer. The only hours I am always away from the computer is when i sleep. Those are 3 to 4 hours a day. I have tried to find hobbies and also schedule my tasks so that I do not spend forever online. It is all about self discipline.

This stuff is addictive, I swear. I also hate leaving the computer. When I'm away from it, I'm always thinking of my online stuff and get wait to get back to it. Like @Dr. Forum I take my laptop with me wherever I go if I'm going to be gone for more than a few hours.

Once in a while, I force myself to leave the computer home when I go to one of my kids' house for a day or two. Because burnout's a bitch. But it ain't easy. :)

I love how everyone brings up computers and laptops. It's not that I don't need one and will appreciate it when I can finally afford one, but for the past 5yrs I've been running everything off my android phone. I burned through an iPhone, 2 Samsung somethings or anothers (the model that had a nice size screen but flimsy battery cover), a few cheaper models, and now my Moto G has just about hit it's max mileage. I run my ministry site and online programs, my personal site, a news site, a political site, my former offline business website (closed Aug. this year), and now two affiliate marketing sites all from an android phone.

I so wish I had a laptop, would probably be a lot easier. But I wonder if I even remember how to use one…it's been so long.......

I love how everyone brings up computers and laptops. It's not that I don't need one and will appreciate it when I can finally afford one, but for the past 5yrs I've been running everything off my android phone. I burned through an iPhone, 2 Samsung somethings or anothers (the model that had a nice size screen but flimsy battery cover), a few cheaper models, and now my Moto G has just about hit it's max mileage. I run my ministry site and online programs, my personal site, a news site, a political site, my former offline business website (closed Aug. this year), and now two affiliate marketing sites all from an android phone.

I so wish I had a laptop, would probably be a lot easier. But I wonder if I even remember how to use one…it's been so long.......

My eyes couldn't take doing all that on a small screen. :)

Have you tried one of those auction sites (eBates, etc.) where you can get electronics for practically nothing? Or Kijiji and the like? Just to get you started.

My eyes couldn't take doing all that on a small screen. :)

Have you tried one of those auction sites (eBates, etc.) where you can get electronics for practically nothing? Or Kijiji and the like? Just to get you started.

Actually I haven't. I'll check them out. Thanks.

In the beginning it was hard. But I got used to the phones. The phones I get have a decent size screen, I avoid the overly small screens due to the fact I need it for business purposes. Been thinking about looking into phablets. Or maybe just a tablet and get a bluetooth?

But it would be nice to have a screen larger than 5 inches. I just been so used to these screens, I wonder what the larger screen would feel like. Lol. o_O

Actually I haven't. I'll check them out. Thanks.

In the beginning it was hard. But I got used to the phones. The phones I get have a decent size screen, I avoid the overly small screens due to the fact I need it for business purposes. Been thinking about looking into phablets. Or maybe just a tablet and get a bluetooth?

But it would be nice to have a screen larger than 5 inches. I just been so used to these screens, I wonder what the larger screen would feel like. Lol. o_O

Probably would feel like sitting too close to the screen in a movie theatre, at first. :)

What the heck is a phablet? Half phone, half tablet? What's the point?

Probably would feel like sitting too close to the screen in a movie theatre, at first. :)

What the heck is a phablet? Half phone, half tablet? What's the point?

Lol. A phablet is a device thats size is too big to be considered a phone but too small to be a tablet. Samsung makes a few good ones.

Lol. A phablet is a device thats size is too big to be considered a phone but too small to be a tablet. Samsung makes a few good ones.

So, too big to use as a phone; too small to use as a tablet. Huh? How do you carry it around in your pocket or hold it up to your ear?

So, too big to use as a phone; too small to use as a tablet. Huh? How do you carry it around in your pocket or hold it up to your ear?

With swag :cool:. Most of my pants have side pockets just above the knee. But they also make belt clips for them. Could use a bluetooth or other type of headset for phone calls. :)

With swag :cool:. Most of my pants have side pockets just above the knee. But they also make belt clips for them. Could use a bluetooth or other type of headset for phone calls. :)

Holy, sounds like work. Sounds like the weight would pull my pants down. :D

Well everything needs sacrifice .im has advantages and disavantages ,for example in IM you could work 12 hours daily but ou can take a free day or you can work when you want but in a real job you dont aford to take a break

MI
Back