The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Whats The Best Way To Build A Landing Page?

Lydian

affiliate
Hey guys. I'm over here getting frustrated because quite frankly I just don't understand how people build landing pages.

Everything from the copywriting to the actual creation of the page. I can't be very successful at affiliate marketing if I'm not able to create a landing page. I know that there are a lot of templates out there which exist but I just don't feel satisfied relying on templates with limited customizability options. I also dislike how a lot of times these services cost a certain amount of money per month. What if you only wanted to build one landing page and didn't want to be using all 50 of the custom templates from these services?

I'm curious about how the pros go about doing this. Let's just ignore the copywriting for a moment and focus strictly on the design part of the landing page. What software do you guys use? Do you guys photoshop? Muse? Dreamweaver?

Also after you're done creating your landing page how do you actually publish it to the website via wordpress? Do you guys not use wordpress at all?

I would really appreciate it if someone had some answers. I'm pulling my hair out over this because whenever I try to find information on it I just end up with a bunch of information that it irrelevant to the kind of answers I'm searching for.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well for me I do mobile so I use muse/dream.
But the majority I first look at what works and tweak it. By seeing their ads/landpage
Dreamweaver if u know how to code and like to get more functionality towards the page.

You can also build it from scratch from html and whatnot.

Here is this website that gives you more clarity. From
Charles Ngo

@Lydian,

No need to pull all your hair out.

Full disclosure upfront – I am the Affiliate Manager at Instapage, which is software you can use to create landing pages. Before joining the team at Instapage though, I was a customer of theirs.

I used to code my own pages, but found I could create pages much faster with Instapage. I could also add features (like countdown timers) much faster. Integrating and split testing the pages was also significantly faster. So for me, it became a no-brainer to use the software after I tried it.

You can start with a template and then completely customize the design to fit your offer. You can also start with a blank template. We offer way more customizability than other platforms. You can also add custom code.

Yes, you do have to pay on a monthly basis (or purchase an annual plan), but you'll probably be always running new offers, optimizing/split testing the pages you build (or you should be), and integrating the pages you build with other services (email marketing, CRM, webinar, etc.).

We also make it easy to publish to your own custom domain. You can publish to WordPress with our plugin in a few clicks.

There's a lot more to say, but you could just check out the Features page on our website and then give it a try – we give you a free 30-day trial with no credit card required. Oh, and we have an affiliate program obviously.

Hey SCM. Thanks for the detailed reply. I've heard of your company. My concern was whether or not I would be able to build the design around the copywriting versus the copywriting around the design. One of the reasons why I always tried to stay away from templates was due to the fact I've always felt that they restricted my options for copywriting.

I'll consider your option. Thanks.

Got it, Lydian. The rationale behind offering templates is to start folks on the right footing in terms of structural elements (headline, subheadline, etc.) and flow (who, what, etc.). It just makes it easier for marketers (even seasoned ones) to cover all the bases when presenting their offer. You'll see some companies tout the conversion rate of their pages as the rationale for using their templates, but that's really just a gimmick because inevitably users will make changes to the pages, which makes the conversion rates being touted a moot point. Instapage allows you to select a blank template to start from too, if you so desire. Good luck.

Hey guys. I'm over here getting frustrated because quite frankly I just don't understand how people build landing pages.

Everything from the copywriting to the actual creation of the page. I can't be very successful at affiliate marketing if I'm not able to create a landing page. I know that there are a lot of templates out there which exist but I just don't feel satisfied relying on templates with limited customizability options. I also dislike how a lot of times these services cost a certain amount of money per month. What if you only wanted to build one landing page and didn't want to be using all 50 of the custom templates from these services?

I'm curious about how the pros go about doing this. Let's just ignore the copywriting for a moment and focus strictly on the design part of the landing page. What software do you guys use? Do you guys photoshop? Muse? Dreamweaver?

Also after you're done creating your landing page how do you actually publish it to the website via wordpress? Do you guys not use wordpress at all?

I would really appreciate it if someone had some answers. I'm pulling my hair out over this because whenever I try to find information on it I just end up with a bunch of information that it irrelevant to the kind of answers I'm searching for.

Thanks.
To make your life simple... Make a one page website on wix , and after that you can go to godaddy and buy a link. After you buy the link forward it with masking to the wix website! Simple easy and only takes a few seconds!

To make your life simple... Make a one page website on wix , and after that you can go to godaddy and buy a link. After you buy the link forward it with masking to the wix website! Simple easy and only takes a few seconds!

What is your experience with WIX regarding the page load time when throwing a lot of traffic on that ??

I have the same matter with you. It looks like we are going to find the right picture which is linked with many pieces. Keep finding you will know how to solve it :))

My problem with some of all the landing page creation platform, they limit you in terms of features for starters. There are different level of marketers put there, some just do good enough to make a good living out of what they do and love doing, others do better and live for the glory to being recognised as the best, though everyone wants to be successful at what they do but just like it is in others careers, there is different levels of success or should I versions. The most expensiveplans are always out there to target huge marketing enterprises or teams, it just seems like there is no room for learning curves and starters, slow learners might even be out of their first months subscription and need a second month before they become conversant with any landing page platform out there.

1. Go to the Landing Page Manager. Go to Content > Landing Pages in the navigation.
  2. Create a New Landing Page. Click the Create a new landing page button.
  3. Select a landing page template. ...
  4. Give your landing page a name. ...
  5. Add your content to the landing page. ...
  6. Enter the Page Title. ...
  7. Enter the Landing Page URL. ...
  8. Enter a form title.

Try Wishpond! It offers free landing pages (up to 200 leads collected).

Wishpond's Landing Page Builder is one of the most advanced and user friendly in the industry. Here are some of the main highlights:

• Fully flexible free flow editor
  • Over 40 amazing pre-designed templates
  • A/B testing and detailed reporting
  • Free hosting on Wishpond sub-domain
  • WordPress integration
  • All Landing Pages are fully mobile optimized, by default!

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back