The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Would You Be Doing If?

espmartin

affiliate
Hello All,

What would you all be doing if you were not webmasters? I
come from an I.T. background (I was an I.T. Admin for 7 years)
and now have settled into web design/SEO. I've actually "retired"
from "fixing" PCs and networks, and work exclusively on the
internet (while I wait until I become a Pastor that is :) ).

So what I'd like to ask is:
  1. What would you be doing if you were not webmasters?
  2. What backgrounds do you all have (very brief)?

Guess I'd be doing what I am doing now. Working for an international law firm running our legal print department.

Been in legal print for 15 years. Hopefully somewhere along the line I'll earn more money via the net in the travel business and knock everything else aside including directories.

Having said that, being in all 3, legal print, travel on and off and directories has given us some real useful and resourceful knowledge and when combined - beneficial to the future.

Well, lets see, since I am so young I cant say I really have a ..background.

I used to work the same thing I do now. Before that I used to play a lot of football ( soccer ) and I was quite good at that. But I did not played for money so I guess this does not considers to be part of my background, right ? :)

For now : design, SEO, website building, content creation and project management are the only things I can really do okay. But I guess I could work in sales or public relations as I like to talk with people and I am an active person outside the web world.

Most of my working experience was around marketing and business consulting. I guess that would be the first choice.

1.What would you be doing if you were not webmasters?

Probably a white water kayak instructor or guide, would drop it all tomorrow and be an extreme junkie bum, unfortunatly the mortgage company would have a dim view. Really I am looking to wrap up in a few more years and run a campsite somewhere for outdoor sports people.

2. What backgrounds do you all have (very brief)?
Left school at 15, I couldn't read or write until I was 19, very dyslexic, then someone gave me the formula and a computer, two weeks later I had written a website, three years later had a dagree, got streight into search engines, worked in New York, LA and San Fran, then had to leave the US as visa ran out. Done everything on the internet from selling online to building solutions to consultancy have been for about 10 years now. Oh before I could read, qualified as a mechanic, so I can strip a car and re-build it ;-)

Interesting thread...

I'm pretty much into sports having a master degree in Sports and Physical Education and also a Handball Coaching Licence.

I did quite a few things to be proud of...at 16 I won the biggest National Poetry contest and I had my first book published...at 18 I've published my second book, then I realised I have nothing more to say and I stopped writing.
I played professional handball being twice National Champion and twice runner up. Also played for my national team when I was younger.
At 22 I was teaching in a University and I remember my oldest student was 43 at that time, double my age and older than my father - that was soo funny :)
I have established a handball club in London and in two years I won every title possible , British Plate, British Cup and the British Championship.

So...if I wouldn't spend all my time in front of the computer :) I would probably get back to teaching... :)

loredan : Hey, if you ever like writing again, I have a few websites that
are in desperate need of competent, creative writing. Serious!!!! Want to talk about it?

banners
Back