The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What was the "Wizard of Oz"

Graybeard

Of course I thought I knew what the movie the Wizard of Oz was about. It's a kids and family type movie --right?

>>>
  • Dorothy – the all-American girl who represents virtuous, hard-working citizens who were attracted to radical politics because they realized things had gone terribly wrong and that something needed to change.
  • The Cowardly Lion – this was William Jennings Bryan, the Populist and Democratic candidate for president in 1896 and 1900, who was nicknamed “The Lion” for his fiery rhetoric and called a coward by many for his refusal to support America’s decision to go to war with Spain in 1898.
  • The Scarecrow – the American farmer, who was often portrayed as illiterate and brain-dead by elite policymakers who feared their radical activism and support for Populist-style reforms.
  • The Tin Man – the American industrial worker, who had been exploited and treated like just another piece of machinery by rich and powerful employers.
  • The Munchkins – the poor tired mass of citizens in the United States, enslaved by powerful interests and clueless about what to do to change things.
  • The Yellow Brick Road – the gold standard. Monetary policy was a huge political issue at the time, with big businessmen generally supporting tight money and the gold standard while reformers favored an enlargement of the money supply through the coinage of silver or the issuance of paper money.
  • Dorothy’s Silver Slippers
    STOP! Dorthy got the RUBY slippers off the dead Wicked Witch of East's corpse when her house crashed on the witch ;) Gotcha!

Fake story (news) but it does have some good analogy

Following the Yellow Brick Road: The Real Story Behind ‘The Wizard of Oz’ - Off The Grid News

I like the analogy of the yellow brick road and the 1940's saying of a gold-brick personality. The lazy man's way to riches = 'follow the yellow brick road' :)

Last edited:
MI
Back