The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What makes a site good or bad?

temi

affiliate
I saw and interesting links of what a good site should or should not have, its was a long list, some of the suggestions were excellent and some utterly absurd.
Aparently, your search engines ranking will suffer if there are too many of the not so good part on your website.
Here are the one I think are excellent, I would you feedback on this and possible additional factors we should consider.

Things that marks your site as poor
  1. Spelling errors and typos.
  2. Link request pages.
  3. Absence of a contact page
  4. Outdated copyright date
  5. Lack of contact address or telephone.
  6. Too many broken links.
  7. Too many links to link farm.
  8. High link churn.
  9. A high bounce rate.
  10. Site going offline frequently.
  11. Domain previously blacklisted.
  12. Hiding text by giving it the same color as the background, or covering it with another element.
  13. Excessive use of keywords or keyphrases in the sites content. (5% - 6% saturation shouldn't be exceeded)
  14. Splash pages.
  15. Content that doesn't match the meta information.
  16. Misuse of tags (such as using heading tags to bold text).
  17. Use of images in place of text. This is okay in moderation.
  18. Excessive outbound links. It won't get you penalized, but it doesn't help either.
  19. Not using alt, title, or longdesc attributes in img tags.

I want to know what you will add to the list, we are trying to find how to help people avoid the above problems and other problems that will make their site a poor site.

There are a lot of black hat techniques that should be in that list.

12. Hiding text by giving it the same color as the background, or covering it with another element.
13. Excessive use of keywords or keyphrases in the sites content. (5% - 6% saturation shouldn't be exceeded)
14. Splash pages
15. Content that doesn't match the meta information.

Some other regular mistakes:
16. Misuse of tags (such as using heading tags to bold text)
17. Use of images in place of text. This is okay in moderation.
18. Excessive outbound links. It won't get you penalized, but it doesn't help either.
19. Not using alt, title, or longdesc attributes in img tags

There is bound to be hundreds of these types of mistakes. That's all I could come up with for now. Anyone else want to add to the list?

MI
Back