The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What is the Essential Asset to Work as an affiliate for a Long Term Period

game333

Hi Matuloo!

Glad to have you here in the spotlight on AffiliateFix.com

As you see traffic sources and online business's life span getting shorter over decades. What is the vital rules to make a business maintain for a longer period, do you have any tips to share?

Cheers!
Lim

I wouldn't say that the lifespan is getting shorter in general. Obviously, some operations come and go, but I still see some companies running that started a long time ago.

Those that are gone were either poorly managed or suffered a hit because of a trend or the death of a niche.

Adult paysites used to be huge until 2008 or so, but the rise of free tubes killed large part of them. The fittest have survived, the weak ones have died.

There were once companies that offered paid email accounts, gmail killed them.

Map companies got screwed by google maps too.

I'm sure you know where I'm going with these examples - in some cases, the evolution of the market will simply put an end to the life of some business models. There is not much you can do about it, other than adapting.

I've been in the affiliate marketing biz for almost 20 years and you can bet that I had a few models die on me too, the only way I could come back was to stop trying to resurrect what worked once and focus on what is working NOW.

I wrote an article for Attilia on this subject, have you seen it : ADAPT OR DIE – Why so many affiliates are short-lived individuals?

Treat AM as a business, plan for the future and keep one thing in mind : What works now, is not gonna work forewer! Working on a plan for the future is always a good idea.

I wouldn't say that the lifespan is getting shorter in general. Obviously, some operations come and go, but I still see some companies running that started a long time ago.

Those that are gone were either poorly managed or suffered a hit because of a trend or the death of a niche.

Adult paysites used to be huge until 2008 or so, but the rise of free tubes killed large part of them. The fittest have survived, the weak ones have died.

There were once companies that offered paid email accounts, gmail killed them.

Map companies got screwed by google maps too.

I'm sure you know where I'm going with these examples - in some cases, the evolution of the market will simply put an end to the life of some business models. There is not much you can do about it, other than adapting.

I've been in the affiliate marketing biz for almost 20 years and you can bet that I had a few models die on me too, the only way I could come back was to stop trying to resurrect what worked once and focus on what is working NOW.

I wrote an article for Attilia on this subject, have you seen it : ADAPT OR DIE – Why so many affiliates are short-lived individuals?

Treat AM as a business, plan for the future and keep one thing in mind : What works now, is not gonna work forewer! Working on a plan for the future is always a good idea.

Great question and good info here Dudes, thank you game333 and Matuloo.

What is the vital rules to make a business maintain for a longer period, do you have any tips to share?

I sure do - Always stay 3 steps ahead of your competition, know how to negotiate and fine-tune your analytical skills. All of these will come in very handy in the long run. Hope that helps ;)

MI
Back