The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is the best way to get backlinks?

From my limited personal experience - I had great success with ezinearticles.com and associatedcontent.com, both free. (In fact, technically Associatedcontet.com pays you, but it's generally going to be very little.)

I tried isnare - my three articles for them got me, so far, a total of 12 visitors. Now, they're cheap - it works out to $2 an article for them to send your articles out for you - but writing articles takes time, so I didn't find them to be worth it.

That said, it might be worth it for you to experiment with a few paid article directories, but I would start small and see how it goes; I wouldn't throw a bunch of money at it up front.

You would want to submit your article to the top article directories. I found this page that ranks the top ones by Alexa and also Google PR. You can check it out here.

Also Jack Humphrey offered his top 21 article directories on his blog you can see here.

Most article directories are free. The charges are normally for article submission for distribution.

Hope this helps. :cool:

You want to get the article out to as many directories as you can. The directory and/or catagory does not matter at all. link relevance is determined by the title and content of the page the link is on, not the catagory, not the site theme, but rather just the page it is on. So get that article out to as many places as you can.

You should even hope that other blogs and sites pick them up for reprint also. The more exposure you get will only help as you climb your way to the top.:)

Jim

link relevance is determined by the title and content of the page the link is on, not the catagory, not the site theme, but rather just the page it is on.

Really? I thought it was even better if the site theme was related. If for nothing else, then the fact that the internal links on that site that point to the page (where you link is) will possibly be full of related keywords.

Are you saying (all things being equal) that if I was promoting a tech site, that a link from hubpages would be just as good as a link from gizmodo?

There are over 100 factors that are used to assign value to links and a few of them are: link anchor, position of link on page, keywords in title of page, ikeywords in content of page, PR of page and on and on, but the ones i have listed above account for about 90 % of link value.

Here are some of the reasons. A link in the top left of a page will carry more than a bottom left position and this is because of human eye patterns reading english. The english reader scans a page from top left in a reverse s pattern. So the engineers decided to value links according to this pattern as one factor.

Keywords in the title and content of the page shows relevence to your link and your site. Your title has fish and my title has fish, makes them relevent (related). Same in content. this gives more value to the link.

PR: how the site is doing PR wise and if it is an authority page (notice i said page?).

Each page is considered it's own entity with the search engines. If this were not true, every page of a site would have the same PR, but this is not the case. Each page is assigned a PR. Its own rating from Googe, yahoo ect...

So, your question was "Are you saying (all things being equal) that if I was promoting a tech site, that a link from hubpages would be just as good as a link from gizmodo?". This depends on the title, content, position of link and Pr of the page you are getting the link from.

You have to remember that a search engine is a program, it can not reason, it credits relevence by factors, not intelect.

Thanks jcorkern.

But let's say you have an opportunity to upload a page you designed onto the server of hubpages, OR the server of gizmodo. One page, but the choice of either site. Which one would you take?

Or does it not matter at all?

Both have their advantages the hubpages page would be in your control so you can make it a relevent to your liking, where as the other is an authority site with good pr, but may not be a relevent page as far as the major engines. Depends on many factors, like what page you get it on in the site.

you can build pr on the hubpages page and make sure that it climbs in PR also.

banners
Back