The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is PR for?

What is PR for

• Total voters

tb987

affiliate
I was reading Kinpin's blog post about PR the other day and thought it would be interesting to start a PR poll. I could have guessed KP would reply before I had even finished writing the post (you have to submit to add a poll unless I am doing it wrong).

I am not sure how to edit the poll and there is one more option I would have liked to add - rough indicator of trust PR8+. Personally, I use page rank as an indicator of trust. If I come across a site with PR8+ I trust it more than one with a low PR. Obviously I am also looking at the design etc too.

Last edited by a moderator:
PR is still relavent to a huge number.
Whilst this is still the case it becomes relavent to us all.
Of course its main use is for selling links and adverts on your site.A high PR site still can demand more $$ than a low one, wether this be right or wrong, if your looking for income in this manner then it is definately relavent.

The little green PR thingy bears little relationship to the "REAL" PR that the Google Algo uses.
To use it, you will probably have a Plugin or Toolbar installed with your Browser.
This is probably spying on you and your online habits.
It distracts Web Masters from the real factors that have a Major impact on Position in the SERPs.
etc...........

I could go on, but I think you get the drift, just look how many posts on this Forum are to do with PR chasing and PRX link offers. Good design practices and conformity to guidelines allied to structure and content put together using knowledgeable SEO will payback a ratio of 10:1 for the same amount of time invested. At least that is what I have found over the last 8 or more years of SEO study, testing, research and Client commissions.

PR is still relevant, the higher the PR number the greater the value. obviously a site with PR8 has a greater value than PR1 site...

PR usually rates the content of the site. as robots crawl on your site they simply look for relevant content or information. after crawling to a website they will automatically rate how relevant the site is. the higher the PR the good the content of the site.

PR usually rates the content of the site. as robots crawl on your site they simply look for relevant content or information. after crawling to a website they will automatically rate how relevant the site is. the higher the PR the good the content of the site.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

PR is based on back links. Nothing to do with the content on the site.

KP

PR was used to be a source of night enjoyments for seo's when they got +PR, but, those days are gone with the celebration which used to be happened. Nowadays Search Engines are getting more dynamic and implementing new algorithms for there users for better results.

Therefore, more hard work for the webmasters as things which used to be best and more of practice is getting demolished with the new algos driven by the SE's.

We have to do lot of work with experiment. This PR Bar is of few days only as every thing which stops working is outdated.

Amit

PR as used by Google (and kept secret) is an algorithmic calculation that takes into account backlinks value according to the PR of the originating site, the relevence of the page containing the link to the text content of the recieving page, the relevence of the link text (or image Alt) of the outgoing link etc etc.

So yes, the onpage content of a particular page is a factor in the calculation. An example would be a page selling financial services linking to a page on another site selling shoelaces. Now Google would discount such a link in its calculations to arive at the PR for the shoelace page. Furthermore if the Financial services site had a large number of such Non-Relevent (contrived) Links then its own PR could be damaged.

Just remember this when reading all the posts on this Forum offering PRx Links.

Yes Googles actual PR is the same thing (in name anyway) as the little Green Bar PR that is widely discussed however, the value of the two often bear little relation to each other. The Green Bar Tool is a toy for public use and to display it, you generally need a Browser Toolbar or Plugin that will most likely send information about your surfing habits plus other info back to Google. That's the price you pay for worshiping this little gree monster.

PR is nothing more than a way to increase your advertising income, and with retail pricing on the sites that you sell.

That's It!! :dance2:

Nothing To Do With Term Position! :lol:

Traffic is the name of the game! If Ebay was a PR1 would you use them? Sure you would because they are right in front of your face, and everywhere you look in the engines! And no, it is not because of their fantastic PR either! It is strictly the amount of indexed pages and backlinks....and a little help from the engines to get thrown in to the traffic terms that they target and land in due to content in their site!

My Opinion Anyways!

okay I will shut up now......Sorry! :eek:

When I was a Student, PR - meant Per Rectum and I think the Google PR also belongs to that region!
Much ado about nothing!

Yes, Google tools bar PR is becoming irrelevant to some webmaster, but I think it is very important to Google.

PR is just a sign to make yourself happy thinking you have a green line on the toolbar! But yes it can be very useful for web directories though! Depends on what your using it for!

MI
Back