The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is PR# and how does it work?

P

Pentarix

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic so please feel free to move it if you'd like.

I've been reading a few topics where people mention that thier site has PR6 or PR4, what does that mean? Is it better to have lower or higher PR? How does one track such a thing? Now for the question everyone wants to know the answer to, what's the fastest or best way to get a good PR number?

A good, decent PR (Page Rank) is a PR4/PR5. Once there, you can count on Google spidering your site consitently. It's only a Google thing though, and has no bearing on Yahoo!, MSN, etc. results.

In essence, it's Google's opinion of your site based on incoming links. It's extremely easy to manipulate, and that's why you see so much SPAM in Google's SERPS. The smart ones, like OWG, use this flawed system to their advantage, getting free traffic to their sites, as well as providing a service to their clients.

To find your site/page's PR, don't IMHO, don't waste your time with their silly toolbar. Just go here: http://www.freeweb-hosting.com/google_pagerank_pr_checker/

Interesting! What is Google's SER PS?

Using that PR Checker I see we are at a PR6, got some work to do, but better then I thought! I guess for my personal site, I'll have to talk to OWG about the grey hat ;)

SERPs are "Search Engine Result Pages"

If a search engine user types in a search for "really cool widgets" and your web site is the first result, then you can be said to have the #1 SERP for "really cool widgets".

And just because a site has a higher PR, doesn't mean they will rank higher in the SERPs.

Really! So is there any method you can employ that will determine or ensure a higher ranking in the SERPs? Any legit or grey area methods that is! lol

No problem! You mentioned:

Paul_KY said:
And just because a site has a higher PR, doesn't mean they will rank higher in the SERPs.

What is it that you can do that will make your site rank higher in the SERPs?

banners
Back