The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is Google Sandbox?

F

Flex

hi,

I read around in a few forums and blogs about this term "Google Sandbox". Does any one have any idea as to what this term means ?

Matt Cutts (Google's head of webspam) has confirmed that there are filters that can affect new sites. In short, Google needs to trust a site before they'll allow it to rank for anything other than non-competitive terms. Trust comes via citations (not just links), the relevancy and age of those citations, and the amount of trust Google has in the page/site the citation is on.

What this means in practice is that if Google can't trust your links then your site won't rank.

If you want to know more, a good place to start is the Wikipedia article.

As far as I know, Google Sandbox is a term refer to delaying new sites to rank high in search results.

In reply to a question from Brett Tabke, Matt said that there wasn’t a sandbox, but the algorithm might affect some sites, under some circumstances, in a way that a webmaster would perceive as being sandboxed. So, for some sites, in effect there IS a sandbox.
source: webmasterworld.com/forum30/32067.htm

Hi Bianca,

Google sandbox is a kind of filter that will check your site whether your site is having relevant or natural backlinks or not, so this is done by Google for complete overall checking.

If google find out some kind of link farming to your site then, it will put your site back.

Thanks!!

Google doesn't call its 'Sandbox' a ' Sandbox. It calls it a 'Supplimental Index'. That is, it's an index that suppliments it's 'main' index.

If you are in its 'main' index, then it indexes every word and every page of your site, but if it thinks too many of your pages are similar to one another (or similar to other pages on other sites - note to remind affiliate sites to be different!) then it adds you to a 'supplimentary index', and only a few pages will be added to the 'main' index.

It's easy to see what index your site is in.

1. To get the total pages indexed by Google, type into Google site:www.yourdomain.

2. To find out how many of your pages are in the main index, type site.yourdomain.com inallurl:yourdomain.com

3. So if you have 200 as the answer to line 1. and 20 as the answer to line 2. Then you've got 20 pages in the 'main' index, and 180 in the 'supplemental index.

Google doesn't call its 'Sandbox' a ' Sandbox. It calls it a 'Supplimental Index'. That is, it's an index that suppliments it's 'main' index.

If you are in its 'main' index, then it indexes every word and every page of your site, but if it thinks too many of your pages are similar to one another (or similar to other pages on other sites - note to remind affiliate sites to be different!) then it adds you to a 'supplimentary index', and only a few pages will be added to the 'main' index.

It's easy to see what index your site is in.

1. To get the total pages indexed by Google, type into Google site:www.yourdomain.

2. To find out how many of your pages are in the main index, type site.yourdomain.com inallurl:yourdomain.com

3. So if you have 200 as the answer to line 1. and 20 as the answer to line 2. Then you've got 20 pages in the 'main' index, and 180 in the 'supplemental index.

Hi,

hey!! well explained, as I know the way to find out how many pages of my site get indexed but, I must thanks for the another resource, as this is very good to know about how many pages of your site is in supplementry.

Thanks!!

banners
Back