The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is cloaking?

Max123

affiliate
What is cloaking and how does it help in PPC and how to do that? Is there any software or plugins? What is the cost for that?

What is the difference between redirects?

In my point of view, clocking means redirects to the original affiliate link. You may use some shorten URL services to clocking your link like a bit.ly, TinyURL etc. But my suggestion uses your own website for doing that. This is because you can track them as well as have control with them. If you are with ClickBank then are no cost because you can easily clock with tracking id's. You can use your own domain for clocking. Buy any .info domain it will cost max 4-5$ and redirect your affiliate offers. If you are familiar with WordPress you can use this plugin as well WordPress › Pretty Link Lite « WordPress Plugins

For Adwords I know they tolerate direct linking to some affiliate networks but not others. In my experience they have absolutely prevented me from direct linking to Clickbank offers but have allowed me to send traffic to Shareasale.

I haven't experimented with direct linking on FB yet. I think even if you were able to direct link to the offer you shouldn't. Instead, set up a nice landing page to seed the purchase and then send them to the offer. Possibly get them on a list before you do.

Plus, by sending Adwords traffic to your own website you have control over the content and thus, a small influence over your quality score. This means a lower CPC and higher CTR.

Thank You Jaded for your valuable reply. But if I create landing page and link to affiliate product in backend, will it be allowed to promote like this way as Adword does not like to redirect to other domain? Or I need to cloak the affiliate link for that purpose? As per my knowledge goes adword checks up to 3 clicks.

Once they hit your landing page you can send them wherever you want using whatever method you please. The only thing you need to worry about is whether your landing page is relevant to your ad. For instance, if your ad copy talks about supplements but the landing page is about sports, google may refuse to run your ad because it isn't relevant to the user. Remember, Big G is all about returning relevant pages to users.

Flesh out your landing page with relevant content and then use cloaked context links to send people to the offer. In this case, you are only cloaking links once people are on your site for the purposes of making them aesthetically pleasing to the users clicking them. As far as google is concerned, you are sending people to the exact domain you specified in your ad.

But how can hide link where visitor goes to pay, where it goes directly to affiliate domain. That time domain name changes. How can I change or cloak that link? Landing Page(optin)-> Affiliate page-> Payment page

If you're talking about the link that shows in the browser URL bar then that is not possible. The user will click on the cloaked link on your page and be delivered to the affiliate URL. The only part that can be cloaked is the link itself, not the actual URL the link redirects to.

Luckily this isn't a major problem of you are transparent about the product.

Thanks for your clarification, Actually I want to make sure that I should not get penalized by Adwords. That means if I cloak the link when visitors optin my landing page, that is more important to avoid any penalty, no other link is required to be cloaked. Am I right in my understanding?

MI
Back