The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is a good hosting setup for 70k clicks/daily?

monasco

Hi,

I currently use Liquidweb's starter VPS package along with CloudFlare to host my campaigns on.

However, I notice that there is about 30% click loss going on between traffic source and my tracking links.

For this reason, I feel that my current setup isn't good enough for 50-70K clicks per day. In addition, I've also been testing some geos that are far away from the VPS itself.

Would anyone have suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

I would tail the access logs on the webserver, & verify that the clicks are in fact actually not hitting the server. Above that, if the server is unable to handle that amount of traffic, load balance it. Get a 2nd VPS & allow them to share the requests.

Since you said you purchased the "starter" VPS, perhaps the wisest option is to call their support. They should be able to validate the issue, & recommend a solution on their services.

digital ocean 12 millions impression per days
10 $ per month =D you need LUA AND NGINX +PHP7FPM
CACHE LOEAD BLANCER FROM CLOUD FLIRE

Thanks for your reply!

How does one do this?
Since you have a VPS, you should have access to your server as the OS level. What a VPS offers over standard Hosting, is it's your server. The reason people get a VPS is to have more control over their hosting environment, & choose their hosting software (IIS vs Apache vs nginx) as well as maintain the servers themselves. Think of it as doing maintenance on your own car, you change the oil, the breaks, if the engine goes, you consider repairing/replacing it yourself or just outsourcing the work by a mechanic rather than just buying a new car. If this level of access & maintenance is not why you got a VPS, then should contact their support. Possibly, I would also suggest that you reconsider having a VPS, because now you have a problem that a hosting company would be responsible for with standard hosting.

Thanks for your reply!And what are your thoughts on the VPS being integrated with CloudFlare?
CloudFlare is going to cache static content & offer at least some protection against DDOS attacks. This is why I use it. Love it.

Since you have a VPS, you should have access to your server as the OS level. What a VPS offers over standard Hosting, is it's your server. The reason people get a VPS is to have more control over their hosting environment, & choose their hosting software (IIS vs Apache vs nginx) as well as maintain the servers themselves. Think of it as doing maintenance on your own car, you change the oil, the breaks, if the engine goes, you consider repairing/replacing it yourself or just outsourcing the work by a mechanic rather than just buying a new car. If this level of access & maintenance is not why you got a VPS, then should contact their support. Possibly, I would also suggest that you reconsider having a VPS, because now you have a problem that a hosting company would be responsible for with standard hosting.

CloudFlare is going to cache static content & offer at least some protection against DDOS attacks. This is why I use it. Love it.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense now.

Ya~Mobile & desktop ... anything that makes money.

If it's mobile, that's expected click loss. In some instances, I've seen it as high as 50% due to accidental clicks.

-----

I misread your initial post. You have a serious configuration problem somewhere in your server if it can't handle the equivalent of a transaction per second. 70k clicks is less than 86,400 seconds that are in a day.

I use bluehost
The Best Web Hosting | Fast Professional Website Hosting Services - Bluehost

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 30% click loss from your VPS could be miss-configured or may need database cleaned out.
What configuration options would cause 30% click loss?
Also, can you provide more information to your "database clean out" suggestion?

I'm curious.

MI
Back